Friday, April 27, 2007

Still at Sierra~

The following blog is not from Paul - it is from me, his mother. I’m just going to take it upon myself to interrupt his blog and write my own.

Anyway, I just received another 46-page blog from him. There are two others pretty much the same length which I haven’t typed (please don’t tell him). I read the pages and detected a sadness about them, especially this blog that I received today. He is maintaining his positive attitude as best as he can, but inmates are leaving who have finished the training after him, weeks are going by while he is still waiting and being told he is transferring soon and nothing is happening.

He writes about his daughter who sent him a letter asking, “Why, Daddy, why did you have to change everything, just why?” It was a very tough letter and he cried when he read it. He answered as best as he could and sent his response to her. He also learned that there is a possibility he might not be able to leave the state of California until the restitution is paid. It’s like being in a state of limbo for him and his family.

My anxiety right now is extreme because of the waiting and the waiting and the waiting. As you all know the sooner he gets to Fire Camp, the quicker he gets out. The old coach told him the Captain said he will be leaving shortly and when his wife spoke to the Captain, he said Paul was number 48 or so on the waiting list. If someone has a specific skill such as an electrician or mechanic, they will be transferred first. Some people don’t have specific skills and are transferred very quickly. I don’t know the answer. I just know this is very frustrating for him and for all of us.

I’m going to list his topics from this blog: Another Week of Waiting, More on My Daughter, Leading the Class, Feeling a Bit Blue, Eating Alone. As you can tell by the titles, he’s a little down. Thank goodness each and every minute, he is working the GA Recovery Program!

Please keep those letters coming to him. And, as I promised the blogs will continue as soon as he gets transferred to Fire Camp.

Love you all!

No comments: