Saturday, June 23, 2007

Insurance Company?

My name was announced over the loud-speaker informing me I had a visitor. I quickly dressed and made my way to the visiting area. It was my friend who had arrived earlier than I expected. He is an outstanding person and we had a great time spending 2 ½ hours together talking. The time flew by. We covered a range of topics and he gave me some very good advice as to a new career when I get out of here as well as making some generous offers. There are so many similarities between the two of us and the best one is we are both in recovery. Not only are we both in recovery, but my friend is so committed that I constantly learn from him. It was the best way I could have spent this Saturday morning. Each one of his visits has uplifted my spirits and today was exceptional.

We bid each other good-bye as he will return next week for the GA meeting. I proceeded to the telephone to call my wife to inform her that the family visit was approved. I spoke with my daughter who told me about her last day of school and impending trip to Hershey Park. She kept saying, “ I wish you were coming with us” and I too agree with her sentiments but had to focus the conversation on something else. I had a long chat with my daughter and we both can’t wait to see each other. Next, it was my son’s turn who told me about his soccer game today. I don’t know how he does it because he is a goalie, yet he tells me he scored a goal. This is the second time and I am impressed. My wife then got on the phone and told me about the saga of the 401K. She was finally able to speak with someone at my former employer who was very peasant to her. In fact, this person was there when I worked there and has always been very cordial. My wife informed me the insurance company who reimbursed my former employer for my theft is claiming the 401K money. This was the first I heard of the insurance company being involved. Over one month ago I wrote to my attorney asking him if he had any contact with the insurance company and he told me had not heard from them.

This sounds a bit fishy but I do believe the person who told my wife. I believe someone at my former employer would had to have notified the insurance company about the withdrawal of the 401K. Otherwise how would they know about it? Furthermore, I am not aware of any judgment the insurance company has against me. My wife did phone my attorney and he is still unaware of any insurance company being involved in the case. I certainly would have thought that they would have notified my attorney at some point prior to this. My wife will make an appointment to see the attorney when she is out here and hopefully there will be answers. Yes, my case continues on as the unexpected occurs. My wife is doing a remarkable job keeping her sanity among the chaos.

I finally got around to telling my wife about the family visit. She, too, was relieved and I will send her the sheet of what she can and cannot bring. This is very straightforward as items purchased in a grocery store other than alcohol (of course) are allowed. The very first statement; “All grocery items must be factory sealed. No exceptions.” The children are not allowed any electric or battery operated toys. I don’t know if they can bring the portable DVD player because the rule sheet does not specify. I will have to find out. Anyhow, we are all excited to be back together even if it is only for a few days. We did run out of time on the telephone and I will call her again next Saturday to see how their trip to Hershey went.

The telephone call was over and I returned to my room. My poison oak rash started itching more so I went with the calamine lotion as an alternative to the other creams. At least this gives the appearance of drying out the skin which according to the directions is necessary for the healing process. I made a mess putting on the lotion and had to mop up the floor. While the floor was drying I read a USA Today from a few days ago and after three months, I finally ran out of the five bags of pretzels that I had stashed!