Sunday, October 28, 2007

Ah, a Friday Again

The Smoke Filled Air…

set up quite a site yesterday evening. Through the smoke and as the sun was setting and the moon rising the glow of the moon was a very vibrant red color! I’m not sure when the harvest moon occurs now what this looks like but if I had to guess it could have been last night since the moon was so different. It was a full moon and it was as if it was filled with blood a little later in the evening. The red hue gave way to a Halloween orange which lasted much longer. The colors were so fascinating and I suspect the wildfires in Southern Cal had something to do with it or maybe it was the Harvest Moon.

In between the moon color changes it was on to yet another fire meal for dinner. I think this was the fourth dinner fire meal in a row and I would like to know how much red meat is enough?

Sneezing

Yes, today is another Friday once again and the work week has come to an end. This has been a strange week and for some reason it felt longer than usual. I’m sure it had to do with all the commotion in camp which was caused by all the wildfires. Also, in my little bathroom porter world things did seem different which was caused by the comments earlier in the week. This has all been taken care of and today was a normal day. I got a bad case of the “sneezes” and I cleaned the bathroom and it seemed to stay with me all day. Yes, today is a bleach day, but I used much less than normal so I don’t believe the bleach caused the sneezing fit. It probably had to do with the poor air quality as the sky was once again filled with a gray hue. This did make for a spectacular sunrise with beautiful purple, gold, and blue colors surrounding the rising sun. Not only did I have sneezing fits during the day, my throat fills like I swallowed then pounds of dirt. I drank a gallon of water and ate some trail mix in hopes of alleviating the dirty throat feeling but it didn’t seem to work. The sneezing fits have subsided but my throat still feels odd. I don’t believe it is a cold and it is probably an allergic reaction to all the dust and smoke in the air. I know it will pass soon enough.

Fresca

In spite of the sneezing and dry throat I did have a good day. I had a good conversation that was more impromptu than anything. It was great to hear some of the observation that were made as it confirmed my thoughts as well. I even helped my roommate unload the milk delivery into the refrigerator which only involved enough people to get the job done in an efficient manner. I also helped unload the grocery delivery which appeared to be a restocking of the candies and sodas for the fire meals. I didn’t realize that Fresca is still sold and the assortment of sodas were not the usual brand names as well. I was looking for a case of “Tab” but didn’t see any, but it wouldn’t have surprised me if I did! It was a good feeling to help my roommate and did help to pass the day even quicker as I look forward to the weekend and the GA meeting/visit on Sunday.