Tuesday, October 09, 2007

More of the Same Which is Positive

I had the pleasure of speaking with my family yesterday afternoon. Nothing very much is new as life moves along for each of them. My wife is busy at work and busy with the children’s activities. My children are in the rhythm of school and their activities. All seems very well, and I enjoy hearing their voices. My son is certainly maturing as his conversations keep getting better and better. My daughter is always a character as she is 9 going on 25! I would characterize her as an old soul who is filled with life. If I may go back to yesterday’s discussion on “Life Isn’t Fair”, it may seem that our being separated from each other is unfair. It may, but it is one small part of life. I do believe this time away continues to teach me so much which will make my time with them that much better. It is unfortunate it has taken a situation like this for me to start learning, but it has. I won’t belabor the point as life is neither fair nor unfair. It is what it is, and I am dealing with it accordingly.

Our telephone call ended, and I returned to my room. I ended up spending the rest of the day talking with my roommate and another friend up until dinner. Dinner was the usual Monday night drive thru, and the rest of the evening was spent in conversation and with my turning in rather early.

Tuesday morning flew by with my exercise and with cleaning the bathrooms. On Saturday, a notice was placed in each bathroom that the inmates are no longer allowed to cut their hair in the bathroom. All haircutting must take place in the barber shop (recreation building). Somehow, someone thought I suggested (which means “told”) this to the powers that be, and it got back to me. I am amazed as to how unfounded rumors spread. I most certainly did not suggest this. In fact, I was informed of this new regulation by an officer. Sometimes, perception is reality, and other times, false perception is also reality. I did put an end to this rumor by speaking the truth, but who knows what someone will believe. Anyhow, the new regulation does keep the bathrooms more tidy, and really, the haircutting never bothered me because I have to clean no matter what. I do have to be careful because my perception could be completely off.