Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween!

I received a very pleasant surprise yesterday when my name was announced over the loudspeaker. I arrived at the office and received a book entitled PLAYING FOR PIZZA by John Grisham. My darling sister who is so thoughtful in so many ways sent this. She knows I like the Grisham books and this marks his latest release. I was very happy to get it and so far the story line is quite interesting.

The mail consisted of three letters – two from my mother and one from a very dear friend. In my mother’s letter, she informed me that she will be coming back out here to visit me in January with two of our dear friends who live in Vegas. The airfares into Las Vegas are much less expensive than the airfares into the Southern California airports. The first major event I have to look forward to is the family visit with my wife which will happen at the end of November. I will get to spend 3 consecutive days with her. This will be wonderful and it will leave me with three months to go. When my mother arrives here I will have only forty odd days left which is very exciting. My release date is approaching very quickly!

I attempted to call my family today to wish my children a Happy Halloween before they went out, but I couldn’t get through because of the dastardly clock on the telephone once again. This will be my last Halloween away from my family and next year I will be trick or treating with them and I cannot wait!