Saturday, February 03, 2007

Another Week Down

As I was writing, the mail came and I received one letter from a very dear friend who will be visiting Southern California next week and wants to come and visit me. However, I am seven hours away from where she is visiting. My friend has limited time in her visit and it would really be inconvenient for her to drive a 14 hour round trip. Also, throw in the added expense of having to stay in a hotel overnight which would be very expensive. Please don’t misunderstand me, I would love to see my dear friend but it just doesn’t seem practical for her. My time here is temporary and I am still hoping for an April transfer to the fire camp in Southern California. This is a short drive from where many of my dear friends live and visiting will be much easier. My friends have been beyond exceptional with their love and support. The last thing I want is to be a burden on them as they come to visit. The next few months will go by as the last few months which has gone by very quickly. I will be in a place more convenient for a visit for all those who would like to see me. I am honored and forever grateful to all my wonderful friends. I have been blessed and I feel the incredible love and affection. There are great people in this world and many of them are in my life.

Letters are my life blood to the outside world and I love receiving them. I have been so fortunate in all the letters I have received these past 6 ½ past months. Each letter makes my day and yesterday’s letter from my dear friend was deeply appreciated. There is going to be a very special celebration next Saturday, February 10th and even though I won’t be there physically I will be able to share in the celebration spiritually. Of course I miss my family and friends dearly but I have to deal with this in the best way possible. February is a very special month because not only will there be this special celebration for my dear friends but my son and daughter will be celebrating their birthdays next week as well. My wife is having a family celebration for them on the 18th of February and I will be there in spirit.

Everyone in my family and every one of my friends were very concerned with how I would do during the Christmas Holidays. I did fine and made it through. Now another very special family moment is upon me as my children celebrate their birthdays without me. I will be sad that I am not there but I won’t let it get me down. I know the separation with my family is only temporary and with some good fortune I will be back with them for their birthdays next year. I’m setting up a time to speak with my daughter on her birthday which I am very concerned about. When I spoke to her last I said I would try to call her. I couldn’t promise her because the events are completely out of my control. Hope is all I have for that telephone call and I certainly hope it is not a repeat performance of the telephone call debacle on Christmas Day.

As I was walking with my friend I saw a fellow instructor in the pill call line who was trying to get the protein drinks. He was unable to obtain them because there is still not enough for everyone and the inmate with the wired jaw is getting the ones that are available. Once again (sorry for repeating myself but it really this is an odd way to administer what amounts to be a prescription) I wonder if the doctors are aware of how the protein drinks are being administered because it is an awfully peculiar situation.
The evening yard ended with my friend and I walking a few miles. It appears he will be able to go to the same fire camp where his son is located. Yes, unfortunately my friend’s son is incarcerated too. My friend has spoken to a CO who is going to arrange for him to be transferred to the same fire camp as his son. Based on the conversations I have had with him, he has a very good relationship with his son. They are making the best of a bad situation and hopefully, everything will turn out well for the both of them.

Before breakfast, I laid in my bunk listening to the radio. I heard an interview hosted by Ryan Seacrest (that man has the most jobs in the country!) who was doing an interview with Donald Trump. This is the first I heard about the feud between Trump and Rosie O’Donnell. I don’t know the whole story but from what I heard I can’t understand why Rosie would be against giving someone a second chance; this seems contrary to her beliefs. I do wonder what the real story is, but I was happy to hear Miss USA is getting help with her alcohol problems and can continue on.

No comments: