Friday, November 11, 2005

Veterans Day

Thank you to all those who have served and continue to serve this country which makes it the greatest country in the world. Without these wonderful men and women defending our freedoms our country wouldn't be the greatest one on the planet, thank you so very much.

Today being Veterans Day in these United States my children were off from school and my daughter was marching in the local annual Veterans Day Parade with her Brownie (think little Girl Scouts) Troop. It was a glorious morning as my wife, son and dear friends of ours watched the parade. When I saw my daughter marching down the street helping carry their banner my heart warmed from inside and when our eyes met she let out a very large smile. She is a fantastic little girl. My son even behaved himself at the parade and was fascinated by the marching bands, police cars and fire trucks. It was a great way to spend Veterans Day.

One of my dearest friends was celebrating his birthday today (Happy Birthday Mike!!) and asked me to join him and a few other friends in a round of golf. Yes, our money is very tight but this person has done so much for me and my family I had to share in his birthday with him at the golf course; it was worth every penny. I wouldn't be where I am today without this man and his wife and I am so happy I was able to spend his birthday with him. He is a great man with a remarkable wife; thank you for everything and I hope you had a great day; I know I did.

Little moments in my life have huge meaning to me and today was filled with spectacular moments. I am continued to be blessed with these special moments and special people; life is fantastic.

Yesterday was "crazy hair day" at my daughter's school. This means the students can wear their hair any way they choose. A very dear friend of my wife and me volunteered to do my daughter's hair before school and she did a great job! My daughter had pinkish purple hair with two pony tails and a ribbon; a true punk rocker!! She looked fabulous. Not to be out done my son wanted his hair made crazy even though his school was not celebrating "crazy hair day". He didn't care if he was the only one (which he was!!) at his school with "crazy hair" and he looked equally fabulous. His hair was spiked with a purple color; just like Shark Boy from the movie Shark Boy and Lava Girl. My son was in his glory as he walked into his pre-school with his crazy hair; he didn't mind standing out from the rest of the students. When my son and daughter came home from school I asked each of them if they wanted to keep their "crazy hair" and my daughter said no but my son replied YES. My wife and I may want to keep an eye on him later on in life!!

As you can see life truly moves forward no matter the circumstances. Life could be crashing down upon me but I choose to live in today and love each and every moment. This is the only life I have and my family is the only family I have and I want to experience and cherish each moment with them. Yes, sometimes adversity does bring out the worst in people but on the flip side if this adversity is handled correctly it can bring out the best. I am focusing on the positive not the negative because there is so much love and joy in my life through my family and friends it is incredible. Through this love and joy I am finding me true inner self. I did bad things and will be punished for it but it doesn't mean I am a bad person on the contrary I am learning each and every day to be a good person and cherish life.

No comments: