Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Girl Scout Cookie Saga

My wife and her good friend had a Girl Scout Cookie meeting earlier this evening. As I wrote a few days ago some other mothers in my daughter's Brownie Troop have expressed their concerns with my wife being the "cookie Mom". This evening the question was asked to two different Girl Scout Leaders in financial positions. One of the leaders didn't quite understand why my wife would want to be the cookie Mom and suggested that my wife may want to re-think any possible financial positions. I need to explain this a bit further. This particular leader has some background in the banking arena and she stated it may be best if my wife stays clear of any unnecessary financial transactions. I believe she meant well and was looking after my wife's best interest; however; having heard this my wife broke down. I understand why she broke down; it is not her that should be prohibited from financial transactions it is me. My wife is a good person check that she is a great person and would not do anything inappropriate.

The second person my wife and her friend (actually it was her friend) spoke to was the ultimate cookie Mom in the area. I guess we can call her the Chief Financial Cookie Officer. She knew the situation without any explanations and said she didn't have any concerns with my wife being cookie Mom as long as the Leader (my wife's friend) trusted my wife. The leader does trust my wife and she has told her so. In summary; my wife was given consent to be the cookie Mom if she so chooses. Now comes the choice; my wife has not made up her mind if she wants to be the cookie Mom or not. She doesn't want anyone to feel uncomfortable with her being the cookie Mom and she certainly doesn't want any confrontations. She is going to sleep on it and make her decision in the next few days.

My wife is a genuine wonderful person and would not hurt anyone. I have put her through a lot and will continue to put her through a lot but it is so nice to know she is standing by me. I love her so very much and I am so very happy to have her in my life. It will take a lifetime to make up for what I have done to her and the children and I will try my best each and every day. I thank God for my family because without them my life would have no meaning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi love to all of you. I have a suggetion. Have Monica ask the OTHER Mom to be co-chair Cookie Mom with her and see her reaction to this request. I know Monica would love to be Cookie Mom, but also would this get in the way of things that she may have to do in the future? Tell Monica I love her and whatever she decides I know she will do the right thing for herself. I will call her later in the day. Love, hugs and kisses. Mom