Thursday, August 25, 2005

Opinions

Everyone who lives in the United States of America is entitled to express their own opinion and this is what makes this country great. The last two days people have been expressing their opinions regarding this blog and regarding my legal situation. These opinions have been posted in the comments section. For those of you unaware all you have to do is scroll down to where it says comments and click it should take to the comments posted about a particular blog. Yesterday's blog yielded around 16 or 17 comments. Getting back to my previous thought; most of these comments are perceived by me as negative; but that does not make these comments wrong. These are the opinions of whomever wrote them and they are certainly entitled to these opinions. I made a mistake and deleted comments on the August 23rd blog, I apologize I shouldn't have deleted those and I will not in the future. Please feel free to express your opinion I will not delete any posts in the future unless they contain profanity.

At Tuesday's Gamblers Anonymous meeting we had a new member and this person was the youngest member I have encountered in my six months of attending the meetings. I saw a lot of myself in this person but the likelihood of this person coming back to the meeting is very slim; I just hope this person abstains from gambling because their life will be so much better. I know for myself when I was 18 (actually younger than the member) and I got into trouble gambling with a bookie my parents told me I had to attend Gamblers Anonymous. I received a phone call from a member in GA and this person talked to me for awhile and told me I had to go to a meeting or I will make the same mistake again only worse (looks like he hit the proverbial nail on the head!). This person scared me enough to stop gambling for the next four years but I never attended a GA meeting because I thought I was much better and didn't need any help. I was 18, scared at what I had done to my parents but I still wasn't going to do what some stranger had told me to do I was going to do it my way. Of course hindsight is always 20/20 and knowing what I know now things would have been different. However; there is no changing the past; my concentration is on today and today only.

I would like to think my circumstances have happened for a reason and God put me in this position because he knows only the best will come from it. If I hadn't done what I did (which I am truly sorry) I would not have met some fabulous people and maybe just maybe I have made an impression on just one person and their life has been changed just like mine has. Each person on this earth has a purpose and sometimes it takes an adverse situation to find this purpose and sometimes people don't find their purpose because they are not looking for it. I am learning something each and every day about my purpose in life and no matter what happens this horrible situation will work out for the best.

No comments: