Thursday, August 18, 2005

Grandma is Here!!

Yes, Grandma did make it in safely this morning and her flight was even on time! Small miracles due exist! She was able to surprise her granddaughter who hasn't stopped laughing yet. It took a few seconds for my daughter to realize Grandma was standing in the kitchen but when she finally noticed Grandma my daughter's face lit up like a Christmas tree. She was so happy and no one can put a price on this happiness. My daughter and my Mom seem to share a very special bond because my daughter beams with delight when she is around her Grandma. It is fantastic to witness this event.

My wife and I went to pick up my Mom from the airport this morning. This is another one of the "benefits" I have in my current situation. Normally my wife would pick up the person coming in because I would have been at work. I got to share some very quality time with my wife on the drive up to the airport and some quality time with my Mom and my wife on the drive down from the airport. My mother was kind enough to treat us to lunch. We had some very good conversation which of course centered around my current situation and there were some very tender moments.

I had asked my wife a question regarding the events that have taken place in the past five and half months. I wanted to know if we didn't have children would she still stay with me anyway. Her answer was yes; which brought tears to my eyes and her's as well. I certainly have done some very terrible things to her and my children yet she is still standing by me. I cannot thank her enough for all of the strength and hope she has given me. Through this terrible situation we have found some very positives and we will continue to emphasize the positive; God I certainly love my wife more than anything.

No comments: