Friday, August 17, 2007

Preview Of The Day To Come

While I was sitting at the table last night. I felt some liquid fall from my left nostril. I placed my hand to keep the liquid from dripping and noticed I had blood coming from my nose. This has happened to me in the past but it is not the usual occurrence. I’m not sure I can label this a nose bleed because I quickly got some tissues and the blood stopped dripping. It was more of a nose drip as opposed to a nose bleed. My friend who works with the kitchen stated as he saw the blood come from my nose, “This means that you are not getting enough exercise and are eating too much!” Of course, he said this with much sarcasm. I do wonder what causes this and usually when it is very dry, my nose does have a tendency to bleed but it hasn’t been very dry lately. Thankfully, the blood stopped and there is nothing that I should concern myself with.

We all seemed to turn in early last night and instead of reading I listened to the radio before falling asleep. I have discovered a radio station that plays my type of music – soft rock – from the 70’s, 80’s, and 90’s to current. Technically this station is based out of the same city I used to work in. I don’t remember ever listening to it when I lived there so maybe they have changed their format. Anyhow, in the evenings, John Tesh has a radio program each weekday evening. Yes, the same John Tesh from the Olympics, Entertainment Tonight. The name of the program is “Intelligence for Your Life”. Along with really good music, he throws in some very good facts all throughout the show. I listened for about an hour before falling asleep.

The Administrative Captain gave the entire crew something to do today which was unlike the past 2 days where we had nothing to do. However, he gave us a very good incentive. He told us that when we finished the project which was picking up rocks he would check us back into the camp and our day would be done. These words invigorated everyone on the crew and we all worked very hard for the 90 minutes it took to pick up the rocks. True to his word, he checked the entire crew back into camp at 10:00 am. Our day and our week were complete. This once again gave me the entire day to myself.

As I was sitting in my room, I wondered if these past 3 days were a preview of the days to come. The word through the grapevine is I will get the bathroom porter position when the current person in this position paroles on September 4th. Of course nothing in this system is set in stone and things are subject to change. I can’t exactly put my finger on why I now want to come in camp because a whole host of factors have come into play. I am of the mindset that at this point in my incarceration, I can make anything work. I only have 6 ½ months remaining and no matter what job I have this time will pass and it will pass quickly. I should know whether I have the position in 2 weeks.

In the realm of intention – and there are no such things as coincidences - yesterday at dinner the CO informed me that my previous employer telephoned once again and still wants to speak with me. Unfortunately, the Lieutenant is out with 2 of the crews on a fire so no arrangements can be made. I am more curious than anything to speak with them and I do believe I will have the opportunity. This was an interesting turn of events because the night before I composed a thank you letter to the person at my previous employer who assisted my wife with the 401K issue. Along with thanking this person, I also mentioned about how the Investigator from my previous employer had telephoned last month and wanted to speak with me. This letter went out on the same day the telephone call was made by my previous employer inquiring if they could speak with me. THE SECRET and THE POWER OF INTENTION are hard at work on this matter because surely these are not mere coincidences. I do look forward to this conversation which will happen, it does seem inevitable.

Being in camp these past 3 days has added so much more time to the evenings. I can now enjoy the beautiful sunsets and the conversations. Adding more time in prison may sound like a contradiction in terms. I certainly don’t want any more time added to my sentence as I am quite happy with my current parole date. However, slowing down the evenings is a positive because the days now go by so much quicker. Also, I feel as if I have more say in how my day goes as opposed to being at the hand of others. These past few days have been very good and if they are indeed a preview of the days, weeks, and months to come – everything is going to be wonderful!