Friday, September 30, 2005

Another Month Down

The last day of September has come and gone. I had a teacher in high school tell me the older you get the faster the time goes because as each year passes the percentage of your life gets smaller and smaller. Think about how long a year is for a two year old? It is 50% of their life. Now think about how much a year means when you are 60? It works out to be about 1.667% of your life; meaning time flies!!!

I would be remiss if I didn't touch about something tonight. Three thousand miles away two people were having dinner that I would never had dreamed of having dinner together and I really think I caused this. I am not being conceited because I really don't want to take credit for this but I think I must. I guess out of every bad situation comes good and I have outlined how my bad situation is turning out very good for me and now it seems those I have affected are turning the bad into good. I hope these two people had a very nice dinner with some very nice wine. I am still having a hard time picturing the dinner conversation because these two people are very different yet they have share a very common bond. Also even though these people are very different they are both extraordinary individuals and I love them both.

It seems my leg is taking a longer time to heal then I had envisioned. My running in the New York Marathon in November is in jeopardy. I am trying to concentrate on a little local 5K in a few weeks because right now I am finding it very difficult to run at all. I have been cycling and training on the elliptical machine and I have increased my intensity in the past two weeks but when it comes to putting any significant amount of stress on my calf muscle it hurts very much. Thank goodness the NYC Marathon has a very good cancellation policy and I will be able to retain my spot for next year (God willing). I will see how it goes in the next few weeks and if it doesn't get any better I will cancel for the following year.

There are a few other marathons I would like to run between now and November of next year but it all depends on my pending incarceration and how my calf heals. Yes, life continues to move on with or without me but I choose to be involved in life because it is worth living.

No comments: