Thursday, March 30, 2006

Possibility

Tomorrow morning I board an airplane so I can meet some people who are considering giving me a second chance. The airplane is bound for Las Vegas and these generous people run a Recovery Center for drug addicts and alcoholics. They know all about my situation and we have spoken at length over the past few weeks. They have invited me out to tour their facility and have a face to face interview to discuss an opportunity. I know this would be considered a long-shot possibility but the interview I had last week gave me some hope.

The telephone interview I had with them consisted of 30 minutes talking only about recovery. There were three of us including me on the telephone call and all three of us were recovering addicts. I thoroughly enjoyed this conversation and I was very impressed with the two people I spoke with. A few days after we spoke I received a telephone call inviting me out to tour their facility for the day. I am looking forward to the meeting and I am looking forward to meeting with these people face to face.

I certainly do not know what will happen tomorrow because my focus is on today. However; I can say that if I didn't fully embrace my recovery this possibility would not exist. Life is full of twist and turns and I have caused so many twist and turns by denying my addiction for so long but now that I am no longer in denial these twist and turns all seem to be very positive. I am very excited and I do know that it is only a possibility but I am so blessed to know that possibilities like this one actually do exist.

A quick personal note; tonight was open house night at my daughter's school. Fortunately this year I was able to attend. Last year was a different story because I was detained when the open house occurred and unable to attend. I was given the opportunity to see how well my daughter was doing in her class and what type of work she is accomplishing. My daughter is a very special little girl who is growing up so very fast. It seems like yesterday my wife and I were coming home from the hospital and she was still in the infant carrier. Now she is doing the multiplication tables and writing narratives. I was so impressed with her work and the work that was being accomplished in the classroom.

The school system my daughter attends is fabulous. They are the top rated school district in the county. I know I have messed this up with my current situation but I do know my daughter has an outstanding foundation to draw upon that will be with her for a very long time. No matter where she goes to school in the future she will always have the "I like school" mentality because it has been so much fun for her in these past three years. To me this seems to be the key because she loves going to school. Hopefully, she will maintain this attitude no matter where she is and I know having my family together wherever they maybe will be the key to this success. I have a wonderful family and no matter what happens in the next few weeks I will ALWAYS have a wonderful family.

No comments: