Sunday, April 16, 2006

Happy Easter 2006

To everyone out there celebrating Easter I wish each one of you a very Happy Easter; to everyone out there celebrating Passover I wish each one of you a very Happy Passover and to everyone not celebrating a holiday I wish each one of you a very Happy Sunday. Life is truly a gift and I cherish each and every day because my life is filled with blessings. These blessings started out in the form of my daughter and son at 7:00 am this morning as they came into our bedroom and both of them wished my wife and I a very Happy Easter. They were very excited to go downstairs to see what the Easter Bunny had brought and to find the Easter Eggs that the Easter Bunny had hidden.

We were stern parents this morning because we were heading off to church and had to get ready so we made them wait to go downstairs. My children are truly amazing because they did not complain and waited very patiently as my wife and I got ready for church. Also we made them get dressed for church before going downstairs and they did what they were told. Unfortunately for my children we did not have time to see what the Easter Bunny had brought nor did we have time to search for the hidden Easter Eggs because we had to get off to church.

My daughter was so cute as we walked to the garage and past the Easter baskets; she closed her eyes so she wouldn't see what was in the baskets. My son was a little different but he didn't stop and look which surprised me immensely. We were off to church without a delay which was truly an amazing event.

We made our way to church and yes, this time we went to a Catholic mass. Going to a Catholic mass on Easter Sunday is VERY important to my wife and thus very important to me and my children. There are many things I don't agree with in the Catholic religion but the fact that it is important to my wife makes it that much more important to me. We sat in church and the children fidgeted as any 8 and 5 year old will do but that was okay. I can't say I got much out of the service but again the fact that my wife wanted to attend this service is all I need to concern myself with. Being part of the Catholic religion is very important to my wife and will be important to our family as we go forward.

After the mass we searched for a place to buy bagels but did not find one that was opened. We did stop at Krispy Kremes and got doughnuts for my wife and children (any that knows me knows I don't eat donuts; it doesn't make me any better than anyone else it just makes me a picky eater.). We finally made it home and the children were able to see what the Easter Bunny had brought them and search for the hidden Easter Eggs. The look of joy on their faces as they searched the house for the eggs was truly priceless. My son with his little Easter basket in hand was so excited when he found his first eggs he missed placing the eggs in the basket on four separate occasions it was something to witness. My son and daughter were able to find 18 of the 20 eggs; I am sure the other 2 will surface in the coming days and thank God they are PLASTIC eggs not real eggs or we would find them sooner as opposed to later; if you know what I mean.

This entry to blog may not seem like much to those of you battling the addiction of compulsive gambling but it means the world to me because I was able to spend the entire day with my family and enjoy every second of this day. Life is a blessing and my life has so many blessings in it and I intend to enjoy all of these blessings for as long as I can which I hope will be forever. If there is a temporary hold on enjoying these blessings I do know I have these blessings to look forward to when I get my freedom back. Just because I am not living with the blessings on a daily basis does not mean they are not there quite the contrary I have been given a second chance no matter what and I intend to make the most of this second chance no matter where I spend my time in the upcoming future.

Finally we were able to share the afternoon with our very special friends. These are remarkable people and I am blessed to have them in my life. We had a great time and I love them dearly. It was a great day and I hope each of you out there had an equally great day because life does have its ups and downs but it is days like today that makes me realize how great a life I have.

No comments: