Sunday, July 01, 2007

GA Meeting

Today was the third installment of the GA Meeting with my dear friends. I waited somewhat impatiently for their arrival. The visiting CO was 20 minutes late in his arrival which delayed my friends. The visiting area was finally opened and my friends were the first to arrive. I was all ready when my name was announced over the PA system. Since I was so happy to see my friends I actually glided down to the visiting area. They had secured the best table – as always – with the most shade. I was greeted by warm and loving hugs (some kisses too). Four of my dear friends had arrived and these are the same four who have visited me prior. They brought all sorts of food and drinks.

The meeting had commenced and as is always the case, the meeting was magnificent. One member made the comment, “We probably look forward to this meeting more than you.”

My reply to this was, “That is not possible.” I look forward to this meeting every other Sunday and it is the highlight of my week. I love these people with all my heart. They along with the GA Program continue to save my life everyday. I am in a great place in spite of being incarcerated. When I entered the GA room over 2 plus years ago, I never imagined all the benefits I would gain. After the meeting which included everyone’s therapy, the meeting was an open forum and we had wonderful conversations on a variety of topics. One of the main topics was my former employer which is apparently going through some very tumultuous times. I’m not sure if this ties in to the telephone call from them earlier in the week, but my guess is that it does.

I had such an enjoyable time and the next meeting/visit is July 29th because my wife and children will be here the two previous weekends. My friends are trying to recruit more members for the meeting and 3 additional members have already been approved. I believe there are 10 members who have been approved to visit me. I certainly didn’t want the meeting to end, but my friends have lives to lead and had to get home. As they drove off, I waved thinking how blessed my life has become thanks to these friends.

I returned to the office where I was greeted by the sergeant and on duty CO. I mustered up enough courage to ask the sergeant if he had heard back from my former employer. He was extremely cordial with me and waved me back to his office. Prior to this we actually had a playful interaction because I brought back used batteries the visiting CO had given me. A few weeks ago the Sergeant read me the “riot act” when I brought back the reading materials from my visit so today I immediately exclaimed, “ These batteries aren’t mine.”

The Sergeant jokingly said, “Okay, but what are you doing with state property?” I laughed and this seemed to break the ice. The Sergeant went on to inform me that the Lieutenant will make the decision regarding my former employer visiting me. He is due back tomorrow as he has been away on the wildfire with the 2 crews for the past week. The Sergeant may not have the authority to grant permission to my former employer on their visit since they are not technically law enforcement. He is leaving this up to the Lieutenant. It appears this will most likely be a telephone conversation as opposed to in person. The Sergeant went on to say that the Investigators from my former employer are working with the FBI. This tells me something very big is happening especially considering my case was limited to the state level. It will be interesting to learn the full details of what exactly is going on.