Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Repeat & Rewind

I have been trying to come up with a new format for my daily rehashing, and today could be summed up in a very few words; repeat and rewind. This means it was identical to Monday (yesterday). My crew did the same thing (weed whack) as we did yesterday. We had the same replacement captain, and I really like this man. He knows what he is doing and gets the most out of the crew. I really shouldn’t compare him to any of the other captains because this would be as if I am taking inventory. I don’t mean to take inventory so I will tread lightly. This replacement captain has so much energy and all of it is positive as opposed to the low energy displayed by some of the other captains. Before reading The Power of Intention, I had an understanding of attitudes and energies; however, I never gave them much thought as high and low energies. Now, after reading the book, high energies, which are normally coupled with positive attitudes, are so much better than low energies, which come hand in hand with a negative attitude. In a group setting, the energies “trickle down” to everyone, and I could see this having an impact on me. Amazingly, the weed trimmer I used today never broke down. The string on an automatic bump feeder and worked the best I have ever seen. I was energized all day, and I don’t believe in coincidences. When I first arrived here, I received a weed trimmer that broke down constantly because my attitude was negative and my energy level was low. Strangely, the weed trimmer matched my energy. This may sound hokey, but I believe there is credence to all these matters. Today, my weed trimmer never broke down and worked perfectly. My attitude and energy levels stayed high all day. There really is something to The Power of Intention.

Sure, today was much like yesterday, but as long as I maintain a true positive attitude and high energy, it really doesn’t matter what happens during the course of the day. All the days can be the same for the next seven plus months, but as long as I keep the smile on my face and in my heart, everything will continue to work out for the very best. I enjoyed the infusion of high energy the replacement captain brought into the crew. I do know he is not our permanent captain, so ultimately, it is up to me to maintain my attitude and energy levels. There are outside influences every day in my life. Some of these influences are positive and some are negative. I must focus on the positive and disregard the negative. Negative energies are counterproductive to my recovery, which is why I focus in on the positive energies each and every day.

I’m sure the food was slightly different than yesterday, but no one seems to care about this, so I will disregard. I will say I won’t starve or be malnourished as there is enough food for me each and every day. Also, my sleeping patterns are basically the same every night, so I will conclude this brief passage now.

No comments: