Monday, April 21, 2008

Disorganized yet Organized??

I came into the office both days on the weekend because I felt guilty about “goofing” off on Friday afternoon. My office is still a mess and I do wonder if I will always work this way. I have worked this way in the past and believe it or not I do know where most things are among the mess. I am a very organized disorganized person, does that even make sense?? There should be a term for this; oh yes; I believe it is “oxymoron”. I have always found this word fascinating for the simple fact that “moron” resides within the word. “Moron” is not exactly a term of endearment but I guess it works in this instance. Alright I don’t know where those last sentences came from so please forgive me!! I did come into the office with the intention of getting organized and possibly cleaning up the office but this fell by the wayside rather quickly.

I don’t know how much longer I will have this job because I need steady income when my family arrives in less then three months. The next three months will be very significant in where this job will take me but I am not sure if I do not have three months to decide nor do I have many other options. I have been reading the “How to sell cars” book because I felt a good kind of pressure from my friend the other night. The book makes perfect sense and a great deal of it is common sense. However; even though it is common sense putting it into practice is often times difficult.

I do find this with many things in my life; I know what I need to do (such as cleaning and organizing my office) yet so often I go off on tangents and don’t exhibit that common sense. I can recall from my car buying days and even when I was a child that a good car salesperson is very difficult to find. There was a time I thought my father was going to “explode” in a car dealership even though they were at the signing of the contract stage. It was quite a scene and my father’s “Irish” was certainly acting up.

In my own cases of purchasing cars through the years I never did blow up in a car dealership but making a connection with the salesperson never seemed to happen. There was the time I did want to blow up at the salesperson who did not want to negotiate because in his words “people who buy Infinitys don’t negotiate,” this was a load of crap so I just walked out the door and bought an Acura. I would much rather have personal connections with someone and who knows where that would lead. Anyhow I don’t know what lies ahead in terms of a job for me so for now it is as always; “one day at a time”.

I certainly have the time to dedicate to the office since my family is back in New Jersey, this won’t always be the case and I can’t wait for those days. I am doing my best to get things in order when they arrive and now I must focus on the housing situation. I thought I had two options; one being the house I still own and the other being my good friend’s in-laws. I am having difficulty connecting with my so-called “partner” on the house and my friend’s in-laws have to wait because the house they intend to purchase is bank owned and those companies are just overwhelmed.

I was browsing through the internet researching rental prices and I stumble across three houses which almost seemed too good to be true. One house was just too large over 3,600 square feet yet the monthly rental payment was only $1,800 (which if all goes well is certainly in my price range). The other component to this is the fact that the costs for the utilities would be outrageous in this size of a house. There were two other listings for smaller house but small is a relative term as the house I focused in was listed at over 2,600 square feet and the monthly rental payment was $1,500. The beauty of this is the fact that it is a rent to own situation with half of the rental payment going toward the purchase of the house and it only being a one year lease. I would much rather have a two year lease because I would guess the ownership payment portion would be much higher at the end of one year as opposed to two. At the very least there are other options available and whatever happens it will be for the very best.

The Sunday evening candlelight GA meeting was very good and once again there was a very good turnout. The room was much more subdued probably because the door was closed when we had the candlelight but it still was an excellent meeting. I returned home to turn on the television and I was surprised to see my old beloved New York Mets playing on the Sunday night baseball game. I hadn’t seen the Mets this season and as I turned it on they rallied from a 4-0 deficit to tie the game. Unfortunately they did lose 5-4 to their division rival the Philadelphia Phillies but all I could think about was my son who now has interest in the Mets as his uncles are huge Mets fans. It will be great watching a game with my son sometime this summer.

I went to sleep rather early and I was a bit tired from the 18 mile run earlier in the day. I didn’t have any other ill effects from the run other then being a little tired which is certainly a positive. Mondays are my day off from exercise and I slept in a little or as much as I could. I was toying with the idea of working out but last week’s exercise schedule worked so well so I thought I would replicate it this week. This meant taking today off giving my body a day of rest. I headed into the office much earlier then normal and got a few things out of the way. I have noticed that when I get in the office around 9:00 am the day seems to blaze on by but if I get in an hour or earlier such as today the day doesn’t go as fast. The days do go by fast and some days it is good to have more time to get things done.

An interesting development arose today as I may have my first sponsoree in GA. I have been getting to know a very good member over these past few weeks and I have been approached to be a sponsor. Earlier in the program I had been reluctant to be a sponsor because I knew I was “going away” but now that I am back part (a very large part!) of GA is giving back and I am more then happy to be a sponsor. It should be very interesting and I have a great sponsor which I continue to learn so much from so if I take half of what has been passed down to me everything will be great.