Wednesday, April 20, 2005

People

People can be extremely giving, caring and amazing. Also, people can be cold, unapproachable and horrible. Thank God I am surrounded by the positive because life would not be tolerable surrounded by more misery. My wife (Monica) is a WONDERFUL person and she truly sees the best in everyone. Maybe that is why she is so disappointed when people treat her coldly because of our situation. Every other Tuesday she would watch one of the Brownie mother's son with our son. Monica was told today that she will no longer have to watch this boy because the mother was not "comfortable" leaving him at our house. She was not told by the mother but another mother relayed the message. Monica was very disappointed. People are very different but they have the right to make their own descions and we must respect those decisions.

I received a very strange phone call last night at 11:30 pm. It was from the Director of Marketing at my previous employer. She so happens to be the girlfriend of my previous boss. She was drunk and decided to call me and ask me the why question. No words can undue the damage I have caused myself and my family but I tried as best I could to answer that question and a few others. She also went on to tell me that my former boss has been suspended for the past 5 weeks because of my actions. I was very surprised by this because I thought he was well liked by my former employer. However; when thinking more about the situation as a company owner, this step (suspending my former boss) had to be taken.

When someone does something like I did you (as the company) have to ask the question who was watching him. Then you must investigate to ensure no one else was involved, make the necessary control changes and move on. It appears the company has done this and my boss was cleared of any wrong doing; however; this woman kept saying that he was done and only had a few months before he would leave. I am not sure if this is true, like I said previously she was drunk and had very slurred speech with a great deal of emotion. I would be very surprised if my former boss resigned from his position. Additionally, my former employer finally hired a General Manager after 16 months of not having one and another ironic twist to the story he is the gentleman I referred last year.

No comments: