Thursday, April 28, 2005

Soul

I received this email earlier today and wanted to share it with everyone; "Money cannot fill an empty soul". Where in your life are you experiencing lack? Are you experiencing a lack of self esteem? Of humor? Of energy? Of love? Of money and abundance? Whatever you believe you are missing, it is there to be claimed. The first step starts with shifting your perspective. See the glass as half full rather than half empty. Focus on accepting what you DO have, and more will be attracted to you. "Both abundance and lack exist simultaneously in our lives, as parallel realities. It is always our conscious choice which secret garden we will tend... When we choose not to focus on what is missing from our lives but are grateful for the abundance that’s present -- love, health, family, friends, work, the joys of nature and personal pursuits that bring us pleasure -- the wasteland of illusion falls away and we experience Heaven on earth."

Although I consider myself a good father, husband, son, son in law, brother, uncle, and friend my soul has been lacking for quite sometime. I have been given an opportunity to regain my soul and look forward to the day my soul is filled with goodness. Little by little and day by day I am rebuilding my life. I think Dostoevsky said it, "that which does not KILL us makes us stronger". It is a tough road but I will make it and enjoy the journey.

I was thinking of going to GA tonight it is a step meeting and we are working Step #4 (taking a moral and financial inventory of ourselves). I went to this meeting last week for the first time and really enjoyed myself. I don't normally go on Thursday night but I was going to miss Saturday's meeting due to soccer commitments with the children and decided to attend Thursday's step meeting. Normally, the family watches Survivor (the kids love this show and it is the only time they are allowed to stay up until 9:00 pm on a school night) and I enjoy my time with the children. Last week we TIVO'd Survivor and watched it on Friday. This week I can make the Saturday meeting so I am thinking of skipping tonight's meeting. It would give me 5 meetings this week. I really want to return the balance in my life and something I have never done "everything in moderation". I will enjoy the children tonight while we watch Survivor. I love their reactions when they watch the show, those are priceless moments. I didn't realize how good I had it and took too many things for granted. I will not take those things for granted anymore.

No comments: