Monday, April 25, 2005

Running

Yesterday I ran in the La Jolla Half Marathon (13.1 miles) for the second time. I first ran 2 years ago. My how so much has changed in 2 years. The run is a very picturesque yet difficult due to the hills. It starts out at Del Mar Racetrack and goes down the Pacific Coast Highway (great views of the Pacific Ocean) up the Torrey Pines Hill (you start out at sea level and climb 420 feet) by the Torrey Pines Golf Course and finish at the La Jolla cove right on the pacific Ocean with seals in the background. It is a very challenging yet serene run. I had a personal best time with 1 hour 37 minutes. In that hour and 37 minutes I didn't think of my current situation once and it felt good the hills on the other hand didn't feel so good! Running and excersing have always been prevalent in my life. I guess it is part of my obsessive nature but it is a good obsession. I need more good obessions and I need to rid myself of the bad obsessions. It has been 56 days since my last wager and it feels great.

No comments: