Monday, July 18, 2005

Legoland

Today we went to Legoland with my sister and her wonderful family. The perk of having people visit us in Southern California is they want to see the attractions. Legoland is a perfect place for children under the age of 10. My family went with my sister's family and the four children ranged in age from 1 to 7. Another one of the perks in Southern California is the weather. Even though it was 100 degrees where we live when we drove the 50 miles to Legoland the temperature topped out at 72 degrees. It was a perfect theme park day; cloudy, overcast with a slight breeze. Southern California may have the must diverse weather areas in the country. Where else can you drive 50 miles and experience temperatures that are 28 degrees cooler than when you started out.

Enough about the weather; the children had a very fun day even though it was very exhausting on the parents. My sister (who is my younger sister) is so wise beyond her years. She is a wonderful mother, wife and sister; she is also a great role model. I cannot thank her enough for all that she has done for me and my family. She truly is a magnificent person. My sister and I are 4 years apart but somewhere in the past 20 plus years she has passed me in terms of intellect and wisdom. Most likely she has always surpassed me in these two areas but I was too arrogant to admit. Life is filled with shades of gray and sometimes things are not as they appear; however; when you are grounded (like my sister) it doesn't matter because most any situation can be dealt with.

I need to work on grounding myself. I think I can say without a doubt that I have never been grounded. I have always lived in a fantasy world. Life is not about fantasy it is about reality. Sometimes reality can be cruel and unkind but it is the only reality I have. As long as I continue working on grounding myself in reality the fantasy will pass. Fantasy is nice but it is unrealistic to live in one because I developed flawed expectations. My flawed expectations led to a multitude of problems and now my reality if filled with these problems. There is no doubt my reality will be hard to fathom if I look at in the big picture. I can only deal with my reality one day at time and I CANNOT live in a fantasy.

No comments: