Friday, July 22, 2005

Self Study

I was told earlier there was a "new" sense of sadness in my blog regarding yesterday's entry. This was not my intention and I understand there are levels of sadness just as there are levels of happiness. In regards to yesterday's entry I needed to state what I was feeling and if it came out as sadness then that is what it is. Yes, I am sad about the position I put myself, my family and my co-workers in and yes, I cannot change anything in the past. I need to come to terms with my past and learn from those mistakes so not to repeat those mistakes. As some wonderful person said; learn from your mistakes don't live by your mistakes. I have been living with my mistakes for a number of years. There were levels of mistakes I made over the years; however; this past mistake makes those other ones minuscule. I guess I am not that bright because all of the signs were there and I ignored them until the final straw.

When I was still in denial and still thinking I could get away with anything I had a very wise person give me some advice, he told me; Paul we cannot change history and get yourself a good attorney. It was at this moment I finally realized what I had done and there would be no more lies. I could have carried on the charade but it wouldn't change what I did and I needed help. I thought I had a few more days to contact a lawyer but I was wrong. I contacted my attorney the day "it" happened and I picked my attorney based on his picture in the yellow pages!! I had no idea what was going to happen next and I entrusted my future based on a picture in the yellow pages. Actually, my wife and I agreed on the attorney based on his yellow page advertisement. As it turns out he has a very good standing in the community and by happenstance had a very similar case. In the beginning I did not have much faith in my attorney but given the situation he had to work with he has done a very good job. I guess the jury (pun intended) is still out to see how good he really is when the sentencing comes but I feel very comfortable with him.

Enough of waxing nostalgic. Today my wife and I decided to splurge and take the children to see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory or Willie Wonka II. I know I wrote a piece on how they shouldn't do remakes of "classic" films and Willie Wonka was one of them. Well, I was wrong Charlie and the Chocolate Factory was a very good movie. I wouldn't say it was better than the original but it was very good in a different sense. The story line was very similar; however; the moral was different. I was expecting a very "dark" movie because the director Tim Burton is known for dark movies; however; it was not dark in any sense. Also; Johnny deaf is a fantastic actor, he did a wonderful job portraying Willie Wonka. Gene Wilder did a remarkable job playing the first Willie Wonka but Johnny Depp was on par with Gene Wilder's character. Johnny Depp plays some unconventional roles and he always does a great job. He has come a long way from my younger sister's favorite television show, Twenty-one Jump Street!!! I would recommend Charlie and the Chocolate Factory it has something for everyone, you shouldn't be disappointed.

No comments: