Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Odd

Maybe someone did not want me to post this evening because it has taken me 5 tries to access this website. I kept getting booted out with an Internet Explorer error; very odd because this has never happened. I did what all the IT solutions people tell their users to do; I rebooted and it worked. The definition of insanity is to do the same thing over and over again and expect a different result each time I guess it doesn't apply to computers!! I can do the same thing over and over again on a computer and get different results most times and when in doubt reboot!! So much for my computer expertise or shall I say lack of expertise!!!

Today I sent off pictures of myself to the producer of the Al Roker Show so he can chronicle my gambling career with a face. I went through many pictures and picked out the ones when I was 10, 12, 18, 23, 27, 32 and 35 years of age. Technically; my gambling career started when I was 10 trading and betting baseball cards. I didn't think of it as betting when I was 10 years old but that is what it was. I can't recall the actual game but each person (2 person match) would have 20 or 40 baseball cards and we wouldn't stop until one of the people lost all their baseball cards. It had something to do with teams and colors; some teams won over others and the same worked for the colors. I do remember winning and then losing most of my baseball cards in a single day. This pretty much sums up my gambling career; win early and lose often.

As I was going through the pictures and seeing my children and how they have grown over their short life span was nothing short of amazing. My daughter has turned into a little lady in seven and a half years and my son has turned into quite the little boy from his well rounded baby years. Even my niece and nephew who are 14 and 12 respectively and seeing their pictures as they have grown through the years is also nothing short of amazing. How I could have taken all of this for granted who really knows but I do know I will not take it for granted now because life moves too quickly.

Looking at my pictures through the years was bitter sweet. All mothers and fathers have high aspirations for their children and mine were no exception. So when your son tells you about his misdeeds at a time in his life you thought couldn't be any better it is naturally disappointing. I am sure my mother and father will never forget the day I told them about my misdeeds as I will never forgot how I got to that point. Life moves on with or without me this is a natural fact. I choose to finally participate in life and be a positive influence to anyone that comes into my life. Life is too short for what ifs and could haves and should haves; the past must be remembered but not relived. I have been given a new birth and I will take full advantage of this as I live with positive energies. I will say it again; what happened to me happened for a reason and I know as long as I don't gamble and have the love of my family life is so much better. Life is so much better because I am no longer just a spectator I am a participant and it feels so good.

No comments: