Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Job Offer

First let me apologize for not getting posting yesterday after my court appearance, the day kind of got away from me. Let's see we went to court three weeks ago and nothing happened. We went to court one week ago and nothing happened. We went to court yesterday and guess what happened.....NOTHING!!!! We were postponed for another two weeks. There were two things working against us; number one the judge was sick and there was a substitute judge who was a bit unfamiliar with the case so getting him to rule on anything would have been difficult. Number two the Assistant District Attorney hadn't heard back from his supervisors regarding our proposal last week so he couldn't render a yay or nay. I sure know the serenity prayer by heart!!!! Funny little story; I was waiting for my attorney to enter the courtroom and I saw the Assistant District Attorney who is handing my case speaking with a very clean cut gentlemen in jeans and I overheard them say some things. I thought these things were about my case and I thought this gentlemen was with the FBI because I think everything in the courtroom pertains to my case (which isn't even close to the truth but that is how my mind works!!). My attorney came into the courtroom and told me the news about the postponement and I asked him who the Assistant District Attorney was talking to and he replied "he doesn't have anything to do with your case he is working on another case". I felt so relieved and I have to stop thinking the worst because it does a number on my blood pressure!!

I received a job offer selling health insurance and I accepted the offer. I went to the office to sign all the papers. I had know idea selling insurance was so "regulated", I guess this is a good thing. On the application was the question, "Have you ever been convicted of a felony?" I can honestly answer no because I have not been convicted (but it sure seems like it!!). However, the question went on; "are you currently under arrest for any felonies", I couldn't lie and I told the Sales Manager my predicament and he was very understanding but he could not hire me. He really wanted to hire me because he felt I would be good at presenting to the clients (and he is right); however; he stated that when the company finds out about my pending case they would fire me until the case had been resolved. I told him it could take a year and a half until the case is solved and his head went down and he was genuinely sympathetic. I guess it is nice to know I was wanted. Ironically, when I first told him I was arrested he instantly asked if it was a DUI. My reply, "I wish it was as simple as a DUI" which incidentally I have never been accused of driving while intoxicated because I wouldn't even think of driving after drinking but I did what I did without thinking of the consequences, it still baffles me!!! I hope this made sense? In summation, I did not get the job, back to the drawing board. Anyone check out my website; http://pdelvacchio.moretimenow.net/ir/Navigate.asp Tell your friends, tell your enemies, tell everyone it really isn't that bad!!

We are going to New Jersey tomorrow so I will not post anything until next Tuesday. The only anxiety I have about going back is facing the people that do not know what is going on. I am not sure what my answer will be to them when they ask me "how is everything?", I think I will keep it short and answer; "good, how are you?" Most people like to talk about themselves and I don't mind listening. I hope I get to see the sun (this is an inside joke only a few people will understand)!!!!

No comments: