Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Oh My

Oh my goodness; the headline reads Mother of 3 steals $520,000 to keep playing, and lost. Here is the link; http://www.jsonline.com/news/state/may05/324644.asp We are the same age, she has 3 children I have 2 children she has been sentenced to 10 years in prison, I am still awaiting my fate. I have researched many embezzlement cases and have not seen this type of sentence. I have seen people who have embezzled more get much less time. I think the article is leaving something out because the facts don't add up. There was a lady in California that embezzled $1 million and she got 30 months so I really think we are missing something but with that stated who knows what the future might bring but it is very frightening to say the least.

There are so many things on my mind but I am not ready to write them down. I guess court causes all of my thoughts and I really can't help thinking. Thinking is certainly a detriment to me, doing would be a great deal better but doing is a long way off. I'm sure that doesn't make a whole lot of sense but it is all I have for now.

I will close with the three most precious gifts in my life Monica, Lauren and Jonathan. I love these people more than more anything in the world so how could I do what I did, who knows. Dr. Phil (yes, the "TV" Dr. Phil) stated on Larry King he doesn't understand why people do things that they know will harm themselves and potentially others. Well, heck if Dr. Phil doesn't understand how can I!!!! Unfortunately good people do stupid things and it causes unnecessary pain and hardship. It is how we recover from this pain and hardship that sets the course for our lives. My recovery will be filled with love and I will cherish every moment.

No comments: