Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Justice System

I had a court appearance today and all I can say is JEEZ!!!! There may come a day when I enter court and something actually gets done. Decisions on my motions have been postponed until next Tuesday, hopefully next Tuesday will be the day something is decided. Please stay tuned.

Last night I went to the GA meeting about 40 minutes away from where I live because as I have stated previously they need some help. This was the first time I went to the meeting by myself because the other gentlemen had previous commitments. They are a good group of people and genuinely want to stop gambling because that is the purpose of Gamblers Anonymous. Each group of GA is self-governing and meetings are a little different from town to town and this is fine as long as the primary purpose is being followed. I didn't want to impose my will on the Treasurer but he was looking for guidance so I gave him some guidelines and he followed them very well. However; we had a new member join us about half way into the meeting and I really felt bad for her. She had a story not unlike any of us and you could see the pain in her face. This addiction really hurts everyone involved and she was starting to realize this. The other members wanted to fix her right away and that is not good (in my opinion) she needs time. The only way to face this addiction is one day at a time because otherwise it gets too overwhelming. I tried as best as I could to convey this message and I hope she finds another meeting in the area and goes because she has to realize she cannot face this addiction by herself. The GA meetings make it but they only make it if you go. I hope the people at the meeting didn't scare her away because it appears she wants to stop gambling.

My little internet business is going slowly but I am having fun with it. I get to talk to all different people and I can see this taking off. If you have a chance please check out: http://pdelvacchio.moretimenow.net/ir/Navigate.asp Yes, that is a solicitation and yes, it is a very reputable company.

No comments: