Thursday, May 26, 2005

Yes or No

I spoke with my attorney at length regarding the possible Al Roker interview and we both came to the same conclusion; the interview if done correctly can help me more than it can hurt me. He gave me the go ahead to do the interview. Much like everything in my life at the moment the interview process will take time. The producer from the show is scheduled to meet me next week for a meet and greet. He wants to meet me in person to get a better feel for me and vice versa. He will do one or two more interviews before we get to the Al Roker interview. The Al Roker interview is tentatively scheduled for the last week in June or early part of July. The airing of this program on CourtTV will be in December or January. Who knows by that time my case maybe settled (I DOUBT IT!!).

Interesting note, my older sister called me today when she heard about the interview and was concerned (rightfully so) about my Grandmother because my Grandmother does not know my current situation. My sister said that if I do the interview I will have to tell my grandmother. My mother had pointed this out already and I have every intention of telling my grandmother before the interview airs on television and I am not sure she watches CourtTV but someone she knows may see it and she needs to hear it from me not an acquaintance. My grandmother is soon to be 83 years old and not in the best of health and I didn't have the heart to tell her about my current situation when we visited last week. I thought my grandmother knew I had lost my job but she asked me how my job was going which threw me for a loop and I answered fine and quickly changed the subject. I think she thought I got a new job. When the time comes I will tell her.

Well my former employer has decided to fight my unemployment claim. I received a letter from the unemployment agency stating that my former employer has appealed the decision that grants me unemployment. There will be a hearing sometime in June. I thought they would fight it because they fight every claim but was surprised it took this long. I don't know how the unemployment court works in cases like mine but I don't like my chances of keeping my unemployment status. At least I got two months of coverage that I don't have to pay back.

Another interesting note; a client of my attorney who embezzled $300,000 2 years ago from the City Government of our local town got offered house arrest not prison time and he was looking at 10 years in prison. They are still working out the length of time for house arrest but I take this as positive sign. At least my attorney has experience in these type of cases. By the way house arrest means; you have to be in your house by x time each day and cannot leave your house other than to go to work until the sentence is completed. If you have house arrest for 2 years you must obey this order for 2 years. There I go again; thinking into the future, not good, remember one day at a time and who knows if this is even applicable to me.

No comments: