Sunday, June 05, 2005

The Interview

I spent most of today doing the Courtv interview. The interview was conducted in our living room with the producer of the documentary. Over these past two days I learned a great deal about television production and there is a lot of down time. I think one of the prerequisites to being a producer is having patience and one of the prerequisites to being a camerperson is having a thick skin. These two people work together for at least 12 to 14 hours a day and as you can imagine if you spend that kind of time with one person there is bound to be arguments. These two gentlemen (both were very good guys) didn't argue in front of me but there were some tense times when the sun wasn't reflecting properly.

The producer was asking me questions but I had to answer the questions so they would stand by themselves. When the documentary airs in December or January you will only hear me and not the producer. The producer questions will not air on the finished version. I had to keep this in mind each time I would answer a question so I wouldn't give one word answers such yes or no. I had to rephrase the question and answer the question in one cohesive thought. Hopefully, it turned out alright. I am sure when the final product airs there will be words that come out of my mouth that I will be surprised to hear but I felt very positive about the entire interview. I tried to stay as positive as possible not blame anyone but myself and I even got very emotional when I recounted that faithful day 3 months ago.

My purpose for being on this particular documentary is to show the young people who think they are going to live the good life gambling that it is a fallacy for most people. If you are not careful gambling (any form) will destroy your life and the life of your family. Hopefully I got across the point of no matter how intelligent you think you are gambling can take over your life.

No comments: