Sunday, February 24, 2008

Final GA Meeting and Final Visit

I anxiously waited for my dear friends to arrive for the final GA visit/ meeting. I was only expecting two of my friends because I was informed a few of my other friends had prior commitments. I was pleasantly surprised to see four of my friends when I entered the dining hall. The weather didn’t cooperate so the visits were held in the dining hall due to the rain. One of those friends was the person I will be working for come Wednesday. I had time to talk “shop” with him and I am very excited to start my job. This will be the first time in my life I have a job without my mind being clouded with gambling thoughts. My mind is finally free and my recovery thoughts continue to enhance my life. I am going to have a great deal of fun with my new job.

The meeting/visit was fantastic and just like the previous 15 meetings, I am so grateful for these dear friends. They have been incredible and I love these dear people tremendously. I couldn’t go to a GA meeting so my wonderful friends brought the meeting to me. These have been extra special and I will miss them very much. However, I will be able to attend regular meetings and I look forward to these immensely. I have written a great deal about these meeting in the past and the final one has occurred.

My dear friends stayed for two hours and I enjoyed every moment. In less than a week I will be able to see them at a regular GA meeting. Yes, these are special moments and as they departed hugs were given all around. While I was in my room, my name was announced over the PA system as I had another visit which I was not expecting. I was very surprised. I walked back into the dining hall and was greeted by a special friend. This is the same dear friend who visited me on Christmas Day. He wanted to see me one more time before my release date. We spent three fun filled hours talking together. He is a very extraordinary friend and once again I enjoyed every moment. As he departed we agreed to see each other later on this week and that will definitely be wonderful! Today I had two visits in one day which made the day fly by very quickly!

As I went back to my room, I stopped at the telephones to call my mother. I was able to speak with her and she told me my daughter’s cheerleading performance at the NJ Nets game went very well. The troop was “ON” and my daughter did great. The event was attended by various family members which was wonderful and supportive. My wife departed today and is already here as my mother informed me. We talked about other things and wrapped up my final ridiculously expensive collect call to her. These calls have been great and come Wednesday, I will be able to call her anytime without the incessant “Your call and telephone number maybe recorded and monitored” every two minutes. There is a whole new wonderful world coming very shortly.