Saturday, February 23, 2008

No More Saturdays

As always, the early morning came very quickly. This morning my roommate was most certainly going through the motions just on my behalf. Normally it takes him a few minutes to shake off the cobwebs. Today he had these cobwebs for the entire workout. He was tired, but instead of sleeping in he came outside to workout with me. I am grateful for this and I told him after Wednesday he can sleep in whenever he wants.

The day was going along very quickly and I volunteered my services for a final time in the “canteen.” My roommate is no longer responsible for this but our friend is. Since I have assisted my roommate in the past; I thought it was only fair to help out friend. This took up the remainder of my day and our weekly scrabble game was postponed as the “Canteen” continued later into the evening. Helping with the canteen certainly accelerated the day and it seems the days are really clicking by.

I had hoped to telephone my wife before she departed for here tomorrow, but I was unsuccessful. It appears I have been cut off from the Bail Bonds company because over the past week they have not accepted my calls. They were extremely kind over the past 19 months for providing the service and I am very grateful. Since I couldn’t contact my wife, I telephoned my mother. I was able to get through to her as she was about 30 minutes from departing her house to go to the NJ Nets game where my daughter’s cheerleading troop would be performing. I asked my mother to relay a few messages to my wife and I am sure she did. My mother has been amazing through this entire journey and God love her that she is such a worrywart. She is concerned that I could be prevented from doing the job I have been given. This is a possibility since I haven’t seen my parole conditions, but I assured her everything would work out for the best and there is no cause for concern. I had known that I maybe prevented from doing the job, but I specifically didn’t mention anything to my mother for fear of her worrying. Moms will be moms and I can’t stop her from worrying. I do know come Wednesday, no matter what my parole conditions state – my life will continue on the right path. My mother implored me to call her back tomorrow and I said I probably wouldn’t. However, I did think about it and I do want to know how my daughter’s performance went so I will call tomorrow.