Sunday, February 10, 2008

Spectacular Meeting/Visit

The early morning always seems to arise quickly and the first 5 minutes upon getting out of bed seems critical. I don’t know if it is the inertia or what – but after those 5 minutes, I am ready to go. It seems to work the same way for my roommate, but he is a little less talkative during this period. The early morning workout commenced and while yesterday where it was just the two of us in the weight area, we had the usual company. The workout was excellent and some how we seemed to fill the 2 hours with plenty of exercises. The camp now has more weight equipment as a lat pull down machine was added to the weight area yesterday. There are now plenty of weights, bars, and now additional equipment. I suspect this will grow and grow as time passes. Using the lat machine was just like being at a gym or as close as possible in this environment. Yes, indeed it was one of the better workouts.

It was now time to shave, shower, and wait for the GA meeting/visit. The usual time of my dear friends arrival came and went without me being called to visiting. My wife had informed me that one of my dear friends would not be coming due to the flu so I presumed the rest of my friends would come next week. I got undressed and made myself a bowl of oatmeal. As I was just about tot eat it, my name was announced for visiting. I happily redressed and found my way into the visiting area. My dear friends had arrived for the second to the last GA meeting. Today there were two dear friends in attendance as our other friends had other commitments. The visits have been incredible and it doesn’t matter if six people or two arrive. The meetings are exceptional and today’s was spectacular. We sat together for 2 hours and as we usually do, munched on some very good food and talked about recovery. These people are so special and the GA program is beyond reproach. The time flew by and with the three of us, we conducted a regular GA meeting.

The weather was unbelievably warm and last week I was freezing. Yes, it was spectacular and I will miss these get togethers very much as I depart here. I couldn’t have designed this journey any better and my dear friends add so much joy along with experience, strength, and hope to my life. I am grateful for their presence and recovery is certainly life changing. My life continues to change for the better as I stay focused in recovery and each day is a blessing. I was blessed with two dear friends today and I love them very much!