Friday, March 21, 2008

Me Organized???

Is it really the end of the work week already? My how time does fly and the days are whizzing by so very quickly. My life is centered on three aspects which are going to Gamblers Anonymous meetings, work and exercise. Somewhere in there I sleep and eat.

My mother has been so kind to have given me her Netflix subscription which allows me to select movies on DVD’s. I certainly have missed my share of movies in the past year and a half as I do have my share of catching up to do. However; in the three and a half weeks since my release I have been able to watch only two of these movies and one (“Ocean’s 13) I had to watch the end on a different day. I have two DVD’s sitting in my briefcase for the past two weeks and somewhere along the way I will view them.

It has been quite a transition from having seemingly all the time in the world to having time slip by so quickly. No matter how I slice it there are 24 hours in everyday. In the past 3 ½ weeks this 24 hours has been filled very nicely. I am doing my best to stay present which is all I ever have and I still have a big smile on my face. There isn’t anything I can think of that bothers me.

I enjoy each day as it is filled with wonders. The other day someone asked me how everything was going and I couldn’t help but to share my excitement about being out in the free world. It may sound cliché but the grass is greener, the sky is bluer and the air is fresher along with all the little things I never took notice of in the past. Yes, the downside is my family is 3,000 miles away across the country but a day hasn’t passed where I haven’t spoken with them. This contact means the world to me and it appears that the next time I see them will be in July.

My wonderful sisters volunteered to pay for a ticket for each of my children to fly out to see me since it doesn’t appear I will be able to see them. I thought this was an incredible gesture and I am so grateful. My mother was going to fly out with my children so we could spend an extended weekend together. However; upon further discussion the practicality of this matter really doesn’t make sense.

The cost in terms of dollar amounts is excessive and this money should be spent in a better manner. I do want to see my children but I realize I will see them in three months. I can wait three months to see them since I haven’t seen them since last July. I still haven’t given up hope about venturing out to New Jersey next month for my daughter’s communion. I do need permission and haven’t received a definitive no as of yet. I will continue doing what I have been doing and I know everything will work out for the very best.

Fridays are deserted days at the office as most people work four ten hour shifts so they can take off on Fridays. This is a great perk and something I tried to institute at my previous employer. I find the atmosphere is uplifted when people have the incentive to take off on Fridays. As for me I don’t mind working Fridays because presently I don’t have much else to do. It gives me a day to catch up on my filing and I sure do need help with my organizing. I can see myself falling back into an old pattern of letting things slide and this is what causes the disaster area in my office. I am approaching “disaster area” status as papers are strewn all about the office.

I know it isn’t difficult and the hardest part is the initial organizing phase. I never achieved the initial organizing phase in my previous phase and I don’t want to make the same mistakes. Why do I find myself resistant to putting things in file folders; it really doesn’t take much time but for some reason I put this off for last. Since I put it off for last it hasn’t gotten done.

I do have issues when it comes to organizing and I believe some people think I am an organized person. I am organized but in a chaotic manner. In the disaster area of my office I do know where everything is located but it has to be arranged so a stranger would be able to find anything. Right now I am the only person that can find anything and this is not good. I need to stop writing about it and like Nike says, “Just do it”.

I spoke with two voices of my past this morning and these were the second time I spoke with these people since my release. Life has moved along in these past 20 months but some things never seem to change. I believe this is good and all the pieces of my life are falling together very nicely.