Friday, March 28, 2008

More then "Casual Fridays"

I got home from work last night and made myself some soup and had a roll. This is all my stomach could handle but it was feeling better. I spent the rest of the evening talking with my dear friends who have been more then kind to me by allowing me to stay in their home. I am forever grateful for their kindness and generosity. I know it is not necessary in their eyes but someday I do hope to pay them back.

This is why I have made myself available for babysitting duty; however; this week my schedule preventing this from happening on two different evenings. I felt bad but my dear friend did let me know that it was okay I had other plans. I don’t feel obligated to baby sit, I definitely don’t mind because I want to help. I am sure there will be other occasions in the near future and I hopefully I can pitch in.

I slept much better then the night before because my stomach did calm down and even went to work out this morning. If the financial aspect of my job ever improves it would be the ideal job for me. The people are fantastic and I don’t mind the work. Fridays are down days for the office staff as most people take the day off.

My boss is always off golfing on Fridays and today was no exception. He asked if I wanted to join him and although I would love to I just couldn’t make it work. My boss was playing this afternoon and early this evening I am going to a long standing GA member’s birthday party (36 years in the Program!!) and would not have been back in time to get to the meeting so I didn’t play. This is okay because good friends are coming to visit me this weekend and I am playing golf with them on both Saturday and Sunday. Playing golf on three consecutive days would be a bit excessive.

I am looking forward to this weekend and seeing my friends and of course along with playing golf. Really with my job the weekend does start on Friday since hardly anyone is in the office. I purposely woke up later then usual (to catch up on my sleep!) and got into work later then usual because it was a Friday. I had a quick meeting with my boss and took it easy at the office for most of the day.

As I mentioned this would be an ideal job because I can see when my family returns this summer only working half days on Fridays and being there to pick up my children from school. That is what life is all about to me spending time with my family. Since I was given a preliminary go-ahead for the trip across country with my family I have been talking to my wife about that particular trip.

I am in no rush and my wife has left the planning of the trip up to me. I mentioned the trip to my daughter and she suggested visiting some theme parks along way which I thought was a great idea. My daughter loves roller coaster rides and it would be great if we could go on one roller coaster in each state we drive through. This will take some planning since the major theme parks aren’t in every state but I am sure there are roller coasters in every state. Also I would like to stop in the historic areas such as Washington D.C., Virginia, and Mt. Rushmore along the way.

I do believe my Parole Agent will give me a specific date when I need to return to California and hopefully that date will be a realistic one. It would be great if we could enter California from the north and drive down the Pacific Coast Highway. This has been a dream of my wife’s for sometime and I do believe now is the time to fulfill this dream. I am formulating thoughts in my head and writing these thoughts of where to stop along the way. I would like to come up with an itinerary but I will not be solely committed to this itinerary as I am sure unexpected stops will appear along the way. I have three months to plan and it is going to be a wonderful trip.

The most driving time consecutively we did was going from Las Vegas to my sister’s house in Colorado which took a little over 12 hours. This was a very long day and was not conducive for a happy family. I won’t drive 12 consecutive hours in one day on this trip because I do want to enjoy the ride and that is not enjoying the ride. I think the first stop (after stopping at roller coasters in New Jersey, Delaware, and Maryland) would be Washington D.C. where we could take the tour of all the historic landmarks and then from there maybe venture in Virginia.

I do remember taking a trip to Williamsburg, Virginia when I was much younger with my family and it being a disaster. It was in the summer and it was so hot and humid no one was having any fun. I would like to avoid the disaster so I will approach colonial Virginia cautiously. There is a theme park in this region so that just might be the disaster avoiding ticket!!!