Thursday, March 13, 2008

No Anger in Me

Strange things are starting to happen to me. Okay that maybe a little too mysterious so I should tone it down a bit to say things out of the usual are happening to me. Take this morning for instance I actually overslept. This is quite a big deal for me with the “built-in alarm clock”. My goal is to get out of bed by 5:20 am so I can get to the gym by 6:00 am. This is to avoid the whole no membership hassle as the shifts change at the gym. This morning I was awake at a little past 5:00 a.m. but I rolled over for a few more minutes that few more minutes turned into an hour and a half. I was sound asleep for this time period and was very groggy upon getting out of bed.

This is very unusual for me who is rather chipper in the early morning hours. I do believe it has something to do with the fact I am going to sleep later and later. I need at least six hours of sleep to feel refreshed and I can get along on this but I like to avoid this at all cost. Also; depending on my exercise intensity there are some days where I need even more sleep. I guess my exercise intensity was fairly high yesterday morning because I was wiped out this morning. I take this as a good sign because I am sleeping more soundly then I have in the past year and a half.

I have also noticed that the queen bed I sleep in is much too large for only one person. It is very easy to make the bed in the morning because I seem to disturb no part of the covers. My head hits the pillow and a few hours I wake up in virtually the same position. I not sure but I think I have been like this all my life so when my wife returns to our king size bed she will have more room for herself!!

This morning as I sat in my office I received a telephone call from one of the voices of my past. I was very surprised to hear this voice and the more I think about it I shouldn’t be that surprised. This voice goes back a few years and yes, we hadn’t spoken nor had any other correspondence in the past 20 months of any kind yet we had a nice conversation this morning. There are some people who would tell me that I should be angry at people but I don’t feel any anger whatsoever. I’m not sure if this is normal but it is truly how I feel. Things happen in life and life is much too short to get angry. I made my share of mistakes and so has the person I spoke with.

The telephone call was in response to an email I had sent last week. At the exact moment my cell phone rang I was researching this person’s telephone number. I am not big on coincidences and I don’t see this as a coincidence. There is a random chaotic order in the universe and I love just going with it. As I mentioned the conversation was very cordial and who knows where it leads. No promises were mentioned just a few possibilities so once again I let go and see where it all leads.

Getting back to me feeling no anger; it is not as if I have talked myself out of feeling angry (at least I don’t think so) I just want to focus on the positive. I do believe positive being yields positive results. Keeping with this theme there was some very positive news at work. As I mentioned my boss practices the principles of “The Secret” and today I witnessed the power of this attraction thinking.

The good news keeps the business a float for a little longer and I might even graduate to a paid member from my volunteer services. I was given the news and I swear tears came to my eyes. Yes, I am getting very soft in my old age but I was flabbergasted. I didn’t see it coming and good things do happen to good people. Yes, like attracts like which is why I remain positive all the time.