Sunday, September 23, 2007

Love the Meetings/Visit

All this morning I was focused on the every two-week GA meeting/visit. I realize I have written about this before but these visits make my day, week, month and year. Today five very dear members arrived into the visiting area. Two weeks ago there were five as well but today only one had been here two weeks ago. This is wonderful because it means 9 dear friends had visited with me in the past 2 weeks. Two of these dear members were people I have not seen since I entered prison in July of 2006. The meeting was fantastic and the energy emanating from each member was fabulous. There is a saying in GA, “Who you see here, what you hear here, when you leave here, let it stay here.” So, I cannot comment on what specifically was said, but I can say beyond a shadow of a doubt, I related everyone’s sharing. This is what I enjoy most about the meetings that I have an instant connection with every member. Today the energy level seemed very high and I have fed off of the energy all day. On a personal note a very dear member is having a surgical procedure tomorrow and they are in my thoughts and prayers. This particular member is very near and dear to me. They have gone out of their way to support and love me through this entire journey. I am eternally grateful and know everything will work out great!

This morning during the meeting, the temperature was very cool and the cement picnic table made things even cooler. As the meeting portion wrapped up we moved to a standing position in the sun and we started the visiting portion. The subject of where I would be living when I am released was broached. The answer to this does remain somewhat of a mystery. This ties into the discussion I had last night with my roommate about where I would be living when I parole. Quite frankly, I am not tied to any geographic location and my main concern is being with my family. We could live on Mars and that would be okay with me. I have come a long way because a short time ago I was dead set against certain geographic locations, but now it doesn’t matter. In my mind I have visualized what I want to do when I am released, but I have not visualized where I am going to live in a physical sense. Gratefully, I have a dear friend who has offered me a place to stay if I remain in California. Additionally, if for some chance the opportunity in Las Vegas is reprised, I too have a place to reside – also thanks to very dear friends. Finally, if I am able to move to New Jersey, there are plenty of temporary places that I can live with my family, thanks to very dear family members. There is some uncertainty regarding my parole status, but I know whatever the resolution, it will be for the very best.