Friday, September 07, 2007

Solid Work Week

I only had small remnants of my cold when I woke up this morning and I was feeling so much better. I woke up at my usual time and did my round of wake ups. Some days the guys I wake up actually get out of bed and workout. Other days they just say “OKAY” and roll back over to sleep. This morning, of the two people I woke up, one got up and the other rolled over – so 50% is not too bad!

The rest of the morning went like clockwork. After breakfast, I read the third verse of the “Tao” and slowly digested the meaning. This is so tied into THE POWER OF INTENTION that is remarkable. It is all about being one with the source and to let it flow. The key is acceptance not resistance. The theme could very well be pacifism but it is an active one as the concept is to always turn inward with oneself and feel the Source to the core. THE POWER OF INTENTION and the TAO are complimentary of one another and I am grateful for these lessons. This is a wonderful way to start my day because it automatically puts me in a good mood. My face always emanates a smile as I read the TAO as did THE POWER OF INTENTION. I am building a sold core and in the next 6 months, this core will grow stronger.

It has been a very good week and tranquility has rang true all week long. I get into a little rhythm while I am cleaning the bathroom and before I know it the morning is over. I had no idea cleaning could also be therapeutic because it is for me. I let it flow (literally and figuratively as I work with the high pressure hose which broke again today!) and I am happy as I complete the cleaning of the bathrooms.

Once a month a supply truck arrives at camp and all the in campers are obligated to unload the truck. There are about 20 in campers and this job could be completed officiously by 4 people; however, it is not about efficiency and that is okay by me. I joined my fellow in campers as we stumbled over one another unloading the truck. My roommate is responsible for the inventory of the products on the trucks and I saw how the inventory was going which wasn’t exactly part of the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).

I commented to him, “If I ran my business like this I would be out of business.”
He replied with a big laugh, “What business?”

It was a fascinating experience and I will be involved with it 5 more times. After the unloading, I had to fill out paperwork for the bathroom this week. Yes, I have paperwork to complete which details the chemicals I used during the week. (Yes, very exciting indeed!) Also I asked the Lieutenant if I could get a new hose and some new sponges as the ones I have now are breaking down. He told me to prepare a list. He is a good man and will most certainly follow through and hopefully the hose will last for the next 6 months. As a final part of my morning was to help fill up the pond as it is “fill up the pond Friday.” It loses water during the week due to evaporation. The pond and waterfall are the nicest features in the camp. It is so peaceful and the falling water has such a great effect on my mind. I am truly at peace with myself and know I am moving in the right direction.