Thursday, May 01, 2008

Turn That Calendar!!

The time continues to pass by very quickly as April came to an end last night and May arrived this morning. Ever since I started my sentence almost two years ago I became very excited when the calendar actually turned a page which meant I was that much closer to my release date. Now my release date has come and gone but I am still very happy to see the calendar turn another page as I wait for my family to rejoin me in July. I am still very hopeful I will be given the permission to travel back to them and drive across country as we reunite. (I still have to obtain the permission/authorization in a verifiable form and until this time I remain very hopeful.) Now with the month turning from April to May I am one step closer to being with my family. I still have a few days okay more then a few days before July arrives but one step closer is always a positive.

Yesterday evening was a quiet evening at home with no GA meetings on the schedule. I spent some the evening talking with my good friend and these talks are always great. It appears my “path” is becoming more evident as a few options do exist. I do trust in the “universe” as the right decision will present itself in time. I am not about to rush anything and I love living one day at a time as my perspective is so much better now then it has ever been in my life.

I was able to help out my dear friends last night by house sitting for an hour as they went out on some errands. I was more then happy to help and the children were safely tucked away in their beds sleeping. This was a very easy task and once again the very least I can do for these dear friends. They returned home and I was officially “off duty”. Since I was “off duty” and I was tired I went to sleep. I knew I had to get up early this morning because I had to drive to the Parole office first thing this morning. Of course I wanted to workout prior to going so I had to get up even earlier then usual for me. I did get up earlier and got myself to the gym.

Today was a very intense day for me while running. I am fully immersed in training for the San Diego Rock n’ Roll Marathon in one month from today. I have noticed a difference in my running over the last few weeks and it does appear I am getting stronger. The program called for an intense day and I was mentally prepared for this intensity. I do believe being mentally prepared is 80% of the battle as the physical stuff does follow.

I find if I am not mentally prepared no matter how good a shape I am in the run seems laborious. This was not the case today as I started the run. I was shocked as to how good I was feeling while running very fast (at least for me). The miles suggested by the program were 7 miles but I exceeded that along with exceeding the intensity level. It was one of my best runs in a very long time and I was surprised as to how good I felt the entire run.

I was drenched with sweat very quickly and remained sweating all through the workout. It was good that I had to be somewhere (the Parole office) this morning or else I would have went much longer. The duration was just right as the intensity was very high. I exceeded the required intensity but had to stop in order to stay on schedule. I enjoyed the run tremendously and I am looking forward to the marathon next month. In the past my family and I would make a weekend out of the marathon by staying in San Diego but now that they are in New Jersey and it is just me I don’t need to make it a weekend. I can be in San Diego within an hour so there is no need for me to pay for a hotel room the night before the marathon. It will seem strange not having my family with me but I will appreciate every step of the 26.2 miles with a bright positive attitude.

The workout was over and I was driving to the Parole office. I did meet with my Parole Agent and I guess these are no more then merely a “check-in”. There was some confusion which I have gotten used to or I should say I accept it as part of my role. I am all about following orders but when the orders are subject to change rapidly sometimes it is rather difficult. I certainly don’t mind doing what is required and I believe I even go beyond what is required but there are certain things I can’t do at the “drop of a hat”. It was one of these that I should have known better but hopefully all was well. The meeting was brief and I was on my way within minutes.

I returned back to work for the day and as I wrote yesterday all was calm but today the “winds are swirling”. The storm is coming in and there is nothing I can do about it other then trust that everything will work out for the best. I had a good day at work as we all had a very nice lunch for a co-worker that is going on maternity leave. There are good people who work here and it really is like a close-knit family which makes the situation even worse. I can only do my part and it is up to others to do what is best for the company. I am eternally thankful for this opportunity and I would be naïve to believe everything is going to be great considering the current situation. I do know that no matter what happens everything is going to be great for me because this is the attitude I choose each and everyday.