Tuesday, December 25, 2007

December 17th

Two Visits in One Day

During the visit with my friends from GA yesterday morning, they informed me that another deal friend would possible be visiting me in the afternoon. After the morning visit, I remained dressed in my visiting clothes. These are the same standard issue clothing but they are the nicest pants and shirt I have. I may have dressed to warm for the morning visit as I wore thermal underwear under my clothing. I just wanted to be warm and I was along with bringing my coat. I did remain in all of these clothes as I waited patiently for the second visit. My name was announced and I made my way down to the visiting area. Yes, I was able to receive two visits in one day!

I was greeted by my very good friend. Unfortunately, it took almost an hour before I was notified of his visit. I could only apologized for this and regrettably I had nothing to do with this miscommunication. I felt so bad for him waiting all that time. Fortunately, my friend has a very good nature and we immediately shared some laughs. The visit was wonderful and this is the friend who has offered me a guestroom for as long as I need when I am released. Now that I must remain in California, it is good to know I have a place to stay. We talked for the hour we had available and also laughed most to the time as well. This was a very good visit and I have been blessed with wonderful friends.

After the second visit of the day, I returned to my room then I made my way over to the telephones. I would have liked to call my wife, but I need to keep the very expensive collect calls to a minimum. Instead of calling there, I called my sister. I spoke with my terrific sister and I also got to speak with my mother who is visiting. It was great to hear my sister’s voice and as always good to talk with my mother. We covered a wide range of subjects but mostly about my future. There weren’t any conclusions – just conjecture. There is much speculation whether or not my wife will rejoin me when the children finish school next June. I don’t know what is going to happen, but I trust whatever it is will be for the best.