Sunday, December 30, 2007

*ONE DOOR CLOSES - ANOTHER OPENS*

After my workout, I watched a little of the news mostly for the weather forecast and again I didn’t go to breakfast since my dear friends from GA were due for their visit and they bring so much food. My name was the first one called for visits. I made my way down to the visiting area and saw my beloved friends. There were five people in attendance and one of them I had not seen in over a year and a half. It was great to see everyone and I thoroughly love these meeting/visits.

I was right to not eat because the food was plentiful and great. Even better than the food was the meeting. I do look forward to these meetings and they have been one of the highlights of the past 17 months. Toward the end of the meeting, my dear friend who I hadn’t seen in over a year and a half asked me what I was going to do when I get out. I told him my plans and he asked if I had a job since I have to reside in California. He then asked if I would be interested in working for him. I jumped at the opportunity because he runs a very successful recovery practice in the area. As it turns out, his office manager is leaving after working for him for 7 ½ years and I was the first person he thought of as a replacement. Of course, I said YES and I was a bit in shock! My other friends (some were in on it and some weren’t) were very excited. The job is heavily accounting oriented and is most certainly a “position of trust”. One of my dear friends mentioned the saying – “When one door closes another opens.” Wow! This is most certainly the case. I was at a loss of words and couldn’t stop smiling. I was concerned about finding a job when I am released but that concern was rectified today. This position will be very much like the position I was offered at the Las Vegas Recovery Center. It is only a few miles from where I used to live in Southern California. Also, the building I will be working in is where most of the GA meetings are held. I haven’t seen this new building because it was just built in the last year.

My surprise announcement came near the end of the meeting and this dear friend came today with the specific purpose of asking if I was interested in the position. This is a fantastic gift and those possible pressures and fears have been diminished. There are wonderful people in this world and I am blessed to have finally found these extraordinary people. Recovery is so powerful and once again my life continues to get better and better with each day. I so look forward to February 27th and told my friend that I would stop by the office on that very day.

I did close a very big door almost three years ago with all my misdeeds. However, in recovery other doors have started to open slowly. The one big door I opened almost three years ago was when I walked through the GA room. The door to my addiction took a very long time to close and I must be extremely mindful because that door can come busting open at anytime. As long as I stay focused in recovery and continue doing the right things, more large brilliant positive doors will open, and the doors of my sordid past will remain sealed. I embrace these doors and do know everything is working out as intended. I would like to thank my dear friend for this opportunity and I look forward to a very bright future.

**THANK YOU**