Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas is Over!

December 26

As I went to sleep last night after the dysfunctional “Risk” game saying to myself, “Christmas is over, YAY!” I made it through the second Christmas in a row without seeing my family. Thankfully, this will be the last of that. My dear friend who visited made my day and this Christmas Day was so much better than last year. Waking up this morning, I realized I have nine more weeks to go exactly. This means nine more Wednesdays, including today and on the ninth Wednesday, I will be walking out of here, YES!

Some of the crews went out and some were laid in. This didn’t matter to me because everyone was kept out of the bathrooms which were in need of a deep cleaning which lasted all morning long. It is amazing how fast time goes when one cleans the bathrooms! It certainly goes by quickly and just like that, half of the day after Christmas was over. I didn’t go out for a hike or a run after cleaning but I did workout in the exercise room this morning. I was content with writing and reading. The days are moving quickly and my “government sabbatical” will come to an end and it will be back to the real world. I realized last night when I was speaking with a fellow inmate who is very interested in taking over my job when I leave that I will be out of here very shortly. I don’t know what it was, but as we talked, it hit me that in two months from now I won’t be cleaning the bathrooms anymore and I won’t be here anymore. I am very excited and obviously look forward to this new beginning!