Thursday, December 06, 2007

No More Malaise

It’s back to that rhythm once again. I do live one day at a time through recovery, but I have set certain benchmarks for myself over the next 12 weeks. One benchmark is January 2nd which means to me that the holiday season has concluded, and I have less than two months until my release. The other benchmark date is January 19th when my mother, along with our dear friends, will visit for the weekend. When this visit concludes, I will have a little over one month remaining. These are little tricks or games I play with my mind. Ever since I went under the 100-day mark, I have developed these games. This may not be the wisest move because prior to this I didn’t really concentrate on my release date. It was always out there, and I did know how many months remaining, but I never concentrated on the number of days. I was told the other day that the last 90 days are the most difficult. I can see why because I have become fixated on February 27th and the number of days remaining. I told myself I won’t do a day number countdown until the last 30 days, but my mind wouldn’t listen. Yesterday, I had 12 weeks remaining, and my brain quickly computed that to be 84 days. Today as I ended my writing malaise, I wrote I had 83 days remaining in all four of the letters I wrote. If I continue to do this, these last 83 days will take longer than the previous 513 days!! Anyhow, it appears I need to get more into the rhythm of my days and let it flow. February 27th will be here soon enough, and I certainly can’t wait.

Last night, I finished “Drop Shot” by Harlan Coben. It was a very good, funny, and entertaining book. The ending was a bit sad which I didn’t really expect. The entire book had a very lighthearted tone, but the last few pages turned darker. I most certainly enjoyed it, and I have his next in the Myron Bolitar series; “Fade Away.” The characters Mr. Coben created to go with Myron Bolitar are great. I do believe it would make a great series for either HOB or Showtime. I can’t see the subject matter working on the broadcast networks. I noticed that James Patterson’s “Women’s Murder Club” has been made into a television series so why not Myron Bolitar.

I was feeling much better last night, and all that remained from the cold was a slightly runny nose. I did receive advice from my dad about my nighttime malady, and it seems I really have nothing to worry about. I woke up ready to exercise and went out to the weight area. I have a very good workout and ended it with a few laps on the hill. The rest of the day was very routine, and I spent most of the day writing the letters I was behind on. I completed all the letters and once again was caught up.