Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Everyone's Still Here

Last night I didn’t feel much like reading, and my roommate and I had exhausted our conversation. I just lay in bed listening to the John Tesh radio program before falling asleep. I got out of bed at 5:00 and headed for the weight area. Something very comical happened during the morning session, and all I can say is I was “singled out” for a reason that wasn’t readily apparent to me or anyone else in the weight area. Oh well, I do chuckle and just let it go because it is one of those many things I have no control over.

Breakfast was uneventful, and I ate all the available oatmeal at our table. Since everyone is still here, the normal routine has been disrupted. We were able to clean the bathrooms with little inconvenience, and we were quick but thorough. With the bathrooms cleaned, I set out to do 80 minutes of Harvard steps. Once again, the weather was spectacular with temperatures warmer than yesterday (80’s) and less of a breeze with brilliant sunshine. It is hard to believe it is the middle of November with these warm temperatures.

After lunch, the mail call arrived very early, and I received three letters. One of the letters was from the University of Maryland congratulating me on my acceptance to their on-line classes. This was step one in the process. Now, I need to find out what class or classes I need to take to finish my long-awaited degree requirements. The time of the on-line class appears perfect as classes start late March. Conceivably, this will work out very well as I can complete the class or classes while I am working and living in Las Vegas while waiting for my family to join me next June. I can have everything accomplished before they come out, which would be great. Yes, everything continues to work out for the very best, and I am eternally grateful.