Thursday, November 15, 2007

It Is What It Is

The evening was very routine, but I did receive the Sunday (November 4th) edition of the Las Vegas Review Journal. I read this all of last night and it really isn’t a bad newspaper. I find myself drawn to the housing advertisements and it appears the prices are dropping substantially. I noticed some home builders dropping the price $100,000 and more on newly constructed homes. Even with these price reductions, they are still well ahead of what my wife and I paid for our first home back in 1997. Timing is one of those critical components of life and I feel bad for those who bought into the Las Vegas housing market in the past year because their homes are worth a lot less. I do firmly believe my wife and I will own a home once again and hopefully our timing will be beneficial. After finishing the newspaper and talking with my roommate, I went to sleep.

Today being Thursday, meant I was off to the weight area in the early morning hours. I had this area all to myself for at least 30 minutes before the next person arrived. The 30 minute period was a very peaceful time as I went about my exercise routine. I was hoping my roommate was going to join me, but he took the morning off and slept in. I got a good workout and then went on to my day.

The day was uneventful until my name was called over the loudspeaker. I went to the office and was quickly reminded of where I am. There are so many things out of my control and this was one of them. Fortunately, the situation was remedied and everything did work out for the very best. There is something to be said for trusting and believing everything will workout as intended. I continue to learn so much and today I learned to trust in the unknown. This takes the Serenity Prayer to another level because I not only accept the things I cannot change, I embrace these things, letting go and letting God is a wonderful philosophy which works out so well.