Sunday, November 25, 2007

Superlatives Continue

My roommate and I had a lengthy conversation regarding perception, fears, hopes and other assorted things. These are very good discussions and I suspect will continue until the day I parole. We did agree that the human mind conjures up so many warranted and unwarranted emotions. The key for me is to keep my ego in check. I do believe all or mostly all of my problems are based in ego. I am doing my best to keep my ego in check and to be more selfless. This does help me grow as a person. As we discussed last night there will be a time in the future where I will be confronted by a face from my past. I do believe this is inevitable and amazingly all through this journey most of those faces have been extraordinarily supportive. There will come a time where I will be approached by someone of the unsupportive nature. I cannot run from my past and by the same token I cannot ignore my past. I am hoping I will be able to do the right thing which is embracing the present and to live in the here and now. I am very interested to see how far I have come when I am faced with this situation.

The stimulating discussion was over and we both went to sleep much later than usual – 10:00 pm – WOW! It was much colder and I needed a third blanket due to the temperatures dropping into the 30’s. I got up and prepared for today’s GA visit.

While I was waiting, I finished the last verse in Dr. Dyer’s book. This has been amazing and something that will be part of my life. The last verse is titled “Living Without Accumulating”. This wraps up all the other verses. It emphasizes the fact of true essence. So often in my life, it was the pursuit of “things” which was downright silly. None of these things can bring happiness, peace, and serenity. In fact, these “things” get in the way of happiness, peace, and serenity. Over the past 16 months I have stopped accumulating and in that I have found my true essence. I was born with no-thing-ness and essentially, I will leave this world with no-thing-ness. My true essence is of goodness, kindness, and love. The less “stuff” I accumulate the better off I become. This book has been and will continue to be a tremendous aid to my development. I have been cognizant of all these attributes but have never put them altogether and because of it, I continue to be a better person. Life is an amazing journey and I love my life so much!

Speaking of an amazing journey, my dear friends did arrive for the GA visit. Today there were four and I was ecstatic to see all of them. Yes, these visits are the highlight of my week and the superlatives continue for the unbelievably great people and outstanding Program. As usual I was greeted with warm hugs and we had a magnificent meeting. Our group is planning a Holiday Party for the first time and it sounds like it will be wonderful. Of course, I would love to attend but not this year as the party is scheduled for the 21st of December. Unfortunately, I have a commitment that night and the following 67 nights!! I will be there in spirit and I will be able to feel the love that night as I do every single day. I cannot say enough about these great friends and I am blessed by their presence. What started out almost three years ago as fear, worry, and concern has been replaced by love, kindness, and caring. I continue to learn so much and I am forever grateful!