Sunday, November 04, 2007

Fabulous Friends

With breakfast over I anxiously awaited the arrival of my fabulous friends. The first wave of visitors arrived and my name wasn’t announced. This was a bit unusual because my friends are always one of the first to arrive. A few more minutes went by and my name was called. I walked down to the visiting and saw my remarkable friends. I was greeted with warm embraces and my heart was filled as I sat with them. Yes, they came heavily armed with food and my dear friend made eggplant in hopes to satiate my finicky appetite. This certainly satisfied me as the eggplant was delicious. Really, the eggplant was the icing on the cake as I had a great 3 ½ hours with my two wonderful friends. I love these two people with all my heart. Life is certainly full of wonderments and a scant 3 years ago I didn’t know them. Now not only do I know them, but my life is so much better knowing them. Eventually, the conversation centered on recovery and I enjoyed every moment.

The time seems to accelerate on these visits and it was time for them to head home. I was informed that the reason the GA meeting did not take place last week was one of my friends received some misinformation when they called regarding the visits for last week. Unfortunately, this type of thing happens and it is out of my control. The Sunday GA meeting/visit will reconvene next week and as always I look forward to it very much.

My fabulous friends departed but not before warm hugs were given. These are incredible people and I do love them very much. They walked to their car and I stayed behind (obviously). I waved to them as they drove off. I remained in the visiting area for the next 30 minutes having a very nice conversation. People are amazing (in a good way!) and this conversation was indeed very good. After the conversation, I headed back to camp and watched the NFL game of the year between the New England Patriots and the Indianapolis Colts. It should be an interesting few months leading up to the Super Bowl in February.