Monday, January 21, 2008

Rainy Holiday

I didn’t need dinner last night because I was so full from the visit. After the Giants game, I returned to my room for the Sunday night ritual. However, 60 Minutes was preempted by a CBS News Special on Global Warming. I listened to this along with my roommate. The show was very fascinating and I am not sure how people can refute global warming. I realize it may not appear to be an exact science, but humans have been (?mucking?) up this planet for a number of years especially in the last 100 years. I believe the evidence is overwhelming – yet there are people who have their doubts. I don’t know what it will take to overcome the oil “addiction” in this country, but this does appear to be a problem. I have never been a “green” person, I have done my part to recycle but little else. I do intend to be more judicious when it comes to the environment because it all goes to living simply. It is the excess that got me into trouble and it appears an excess is getting the world into trouble. There are so many lessons I continue to learn and even global warming has entered this equation.

It was a very rainy and dreary day on this Holiday and I didn’t run as part of my exercise. After breakfast I cleaned the bathrooms and decided to call my dear friends who visited this weekend. I wanted to see if they made it back okay and they did. Everyone had a late night so I only spoke with my dear friend which was great! Again I thanked him for an outstanding weekend and I am glad they made it home safe and sound since there was some type of “electronic” tire problem on the way to the camp.

The rest of my day consisted of writing, writing, and more writing. I was a bit behind having to write 8 letters today, but this is a blessing in everyway. I responded to each of these remarkable people and just like that my day was over. I did take time out to hike the hill with my roommate as the rain and dreariness cleared. As we hiked we noticed one of the most beautiful rainbows I have seen. The rainbow emanated from only one mile away and stretched to the mountains 15 miles to the East. It was a stunning sight and we watched it form and then disappear. Here I am in prison experiencing a beautiful natural wonder. Nature has amazing powers and I am in awe. The rainbow did disappear, but it was a sight to behold. I continue to be grateful for this experience and that rainbow didn’t need a pot of gold for me to enjoy every minute of it. I am blessed and blessings are everywhere!