Saturday, January 05, 2008

Watching The Rain

Here I sit on this first Saturday watching the rain through my window. The storm finally arrived late last night and it hasn’t stopped raining since. I thought the storm was going to bring blustery and windy conditions but so far it is just a rain storm. The area certainly needs the rain and hopefully this will help as it is supposed to last until Monday. The rain did not deter my roommate and me from going outside to the weight area. The weight area does have a partial covering so we were shielded from the rain. I do look forward to the day I no longer have to go outside to get to the bathroom. The other night I was almost blown away as I was hit with a gust of wind going through the outside to go to the bathroom.

I continued to read “Fade Away” which I should finish sometime today. I am very surprised some Hollywood producer hasn’t made a motion picture out of these Myron Bolitar novels. The characters Harlan Coben has developed are so unique and interesting. I am very happy that I have started reading his novels and for the life of me I don’t know how I have missed these novels until now. I may have read one of his novels before coming to prison and I remember my mother always talking about his books. Yes, prison has been a positive experience in book reading and so many other avenues. This experience is coming to an end very shortly but it will remain with me forever.

I won’t over dramatize things and say I am a changed person because in some ways I am the same old person but in other ways I have changed. It truly is a cross between these two and I do know I continue to get better as each day passes all thanks to recovery. I realize many people seem to find God or Jesus or religion when they come to prison. I really haven’t found any of these but I have found my spirituality which is based in everything. My spirituality has always been with me but I chose to ignore it. Now I no longer take it for granted as I relish in it everyday. I hope I never force my views on anyone because this is not what I am about. I believe I will live and really I am living a wonderful life. I have so many blessings in my life and I am so grateful. The blessings are very real and very soon I will be a real part of these blessings on a daily basis. Yes, everything continues to workout for the very best.