Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Three More Wednesdays!

I’m sure I am repeating myself but boy do these days blend into one another! Here it is Wednesday, officially the hump day of the work week, and as today finishes, I have only three more full Wednesdays to go! On the fourth Wednesday from today, this journey will come to an end, and another journey will commence. I have a feeling I will sit down next Wednesday and write I have only two more Wednesdays to go. It is obvious I am anxious for this journey to end and the next one to start; however, I must remain patient living one day at a time. The days also blend together, but they do pass by quickly. It is truly amazing as to how time does move quickly even when there isn’t much to do. In here, time passes swiftly, and out there, time most likely rockets by. I need to be cognizant of this as I re-enter the real world. I know no matter what time will pass, and it is what I do with this time that matters most. Thankfully, because I am starting a job right away thanks to a dear friend and the GA program, I can start planning.

My plan includes working and, as always, recovery. I do unfortunately have many financial needs to address. I will address these as I do with my recovery which is one day at a time. It did take me some time to amass this problem, and it will take some time to rectify it. I will most likely need to pick up a second job, and I do have several months before (hopefully?) my family returns in June. I find it more exciting than daunting, and it is a new world to me. There are challenges that lie ahead, and I welcome each of them. Yes, the grass will seem greener, the sky bluer, and everything else in between will be extraordinary.

Last night, I was interested in the Florida primaries. I had forgotten that the Democratic National Party stripped Florida of all its delegates because it moved up its primary without the consent of the DNC. The primary was held with the winner only garnering bragging rights. The winner was Hillary Clinton in a resounding victory over Barack Obama. I don’t know if any of these candidates even advertised in the state as nothing was really at stake. I did find the victory margin shocking considering how close these two are. I guess all eyes are on next Tuesday, February 5th, for the 22 state primaries. The outcome of those states should shape the candidates for our next president. As for the Republicans, John McCain continues to astound and confound me! I had written him off before the primaries/caucuses had even started. I thought his window closed in 2000, but it just shows what little I know about politics. I thought Mr. McCain had no chance, and the way things are panning out, he could very well receive the Republican nomination. I sort of analogize this to the “none of the above” candidate because the folks running for President on the Republican side are less than stellar. I wrote to my father a few weeks ago, and in that letter, I wrote about the Republican candidates. I listed what I thought were all of the candidates detailing their flaws (in my opinion), and I completely missed John McCain because he didn’t even occur to me as a viable candidate. Well, the joke is on me as he appears to be the front runner and could very well be the next President of the United States. I do find this amazing. I have to say that John McCain does not have a commanding speech presence. I heard his Florida victory speech and anything but impressed. This really doesn’t mean much because our current President is not exactly a great speaker. It would be interesting to see John McCain debate Barack Obama – talk about two dramatically opposed speakers. If I were an advisor to Mr. McCain, I would advise limiting those debates to only one because their speaking differences are glaring. Oh well, the races are shaping up as John Edwards appears to be dropping out of the Democratic race and John McCain takes the lead for the Republicans. It should be very interesting to see what happens next week.

My sleep was identical to the night before as it was up and down several times. I attributed this to my lack of aerobic exercise, which is why today I hiked the hill for almost an hour. I needed a good sweat, and this is exactly what I got. I was going to go for more but refrained, and I will see what tonight brings. Yes, the rest of my day was very much the same old same old, but I happily checked today off the calendar as I get one day closer!